SOME GREAT NEWS!

alexcb360t

FINALLY GOT MY 81' CB125S SIGNED OVER FROM THE ORIGINAL 1991 OWNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ONE STEP CLOSER TO GETTING HER ON THE ROAD!

as for the cb360t still no luck finding the owner.... what to do?

alexcb360t said:
FINALLY GOT MY 81' CB125S SIGNED OVER FROM THE ORIGINAL 1991 OWNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ONE STEP CLOSER TO GETTING HER ON THE ROAD!

as for the cb360t still no luck finding the owner.... what to do?

Here in Colorado we have to send ??two?? registered letters to the PO at the last known address. If the letters are returned take them, unopened to the DMV and POOF your the new owner. :)

Hot Rod Troy said:
Here in Colorado we have to send ??two?? registered letters to the PO at the last known address. If the letters are returned take them, unopened to the DMV and POOF your the new owner. :)

wish it was that easy here in ontario.

Jay

Seems to me its easier in Ontario. Get the Used Vehicle Info Package, sign an affidavit saying you bought it from the previous owner and go to the Ministry.

Or if you're feeling adventurous, scrawl the previous owner's name on a bill of sale to yourself.

Thats what I am thinking of doing Tim... has anybody ever done this?? Otherwise I apparently have to go through court or some shit, and it would end up costing more then the bloody bike is worth!!!

You just need a notary public (law firm type thing - cheap $) to notarize your statement that you purchased the bike. Its no big deal. I've never seen anyone at the Ministry check any of the paper work. Just go in with the UVIP as the bill of sale (last page of the UVIP is an invoice) and get a new ownership.

last question on the subject, since I got these bikes for free, should I put a lowball price where it asks for price paid? I believe I still need to pay the taxes right?

I'd put it in at $100, even if you got them for free. Will only cost you a few bucks in the taxes and won't raise eyebrows. You could tell them you were given them by a friend and bought him a $1 Timmie's for his trouble, but they might ask about that :)

Back
Top Bottom