Holy $hit stories, let's hear em!!

anarki650

Been Around the Block
Thought it'd be fun to start a thread about "holy shit" stories. I'll start....

When I had my 94 FZR600R I was riding down a two lane highway here in Eastern NE. I was clipping along at about 120 and a rather large pheasant flew out of the ditch on the right and tagged me right in the shin, knocked me into the oncoming lane (thank God there wasn't any traffic on the highway that afternoon!!!) The bike came out no worse for the experience (other than the slight stink from the brown stain I left in my drawers...), and I only got a nasty bruise from knee cap to boot top.

So lets hear 'em, I know some of you have stories to rival this one!!

This was at least a "holy crap" story, dunno if I got a full load of dookie on it....

I wasn't far into my riding, as it was the summer after I got my bike, which was in March..... It was a warm day, and of course, living near a college campus there are kids moving from old apartments to new ones all the time. Just so happens on the one stretch of road I ride home that's posted over 45mph, I got in behind a fullsize pickup truck with a mattress and boxspring, and other college apartment items in the back. I noticed early that the mattress was flappin' a bit in the breeze, and I chuckled, 'man, that things' comin' offa there'. Sure enough, not a 1/4 mile later, off popped the red strap, and FLOOM the mattress floated high and flat off the back end, allowing the box spring to slide free from its' resting place on top of the side rails of the bed. Neat thing was, there was a desk top and a door mirror sandwiched between the mattress and boxspring like a nasty hard filling aiming straight for the biker behind the truck.

Now I had backed off these knuckleheads when I saw the mattress flop about. But, when the stuff started flying off the truck, I was still goin' about 40-45. The mattress went right, the box spring went left, and the desk top and mirror came down thud and crash behind the box spring. I braked hard, went right of the box spring which bounced off my outstretched left foot, and I went through the gravel and down into the grass ditch next to the mattress, and then back up onto the road, watching mirror shards fly everywhere behind me. A keg was bouncing around in the truckbed as it came to a dusty halt on the right berm. I went around to their left, wagged my finger at them, and said, "No, no, not today. You don't get me today."

That was quite exciting.

loudest143
* Still has a few lives left. But not many.

I was never hit by anything, but I did have a bee fly into my helmet once. That didn't end well.

But probably the scariest moment I've had riding happened after I had had my first bike, an '81 Honda Cb400t, for about a year. There was a rather sharp right turn in the road near my house that I usually took at about 35. For some reason, I guess I was feelling peppy, I entered the curve doing somewhere between 50 and 60. I quickly realized that I wasn't going to be able to stay in my lane. Normally I would have just taken the turn wide and continued on, but as I started through the turn, I saw a car headed towards me in the other lane. I leaned the bike over hard to try and stay in my lane. That is when my peg hit the ground. The pegs on my bike folded up so as I leaned the bike, the peg folded up, crushing my foot against the crankcase and sending sparks flying. I couldn't lean the bike over any more and I was drifting into the other lane. As I hit the apex of the corner, I ended up square in the middle of the other lane. A second before the car reached me, they swerved to the right and onto the shoulder of the road.

After I passed them, I saw in my mirror that they were fine so I just kept going, with adrenaline pumping, feeling like an idiot. I ended up with a very large flat spot on the bottom of my peg and a bruised foot. Luckily, that was all.

I had many near death expeirences on the Kawasaki 3 wheeler I had in High School, but that kinda goes with owning one of those beasts, but last September on the local Isle of Vashon ride I was on a cb200 that belongs to a buddy of mine, he was on his 400f, another friend on a kz400 I had just sold him took off on the poker run. 1/2 mile into it the 200 started to kinda bog down as the others took off, I down shifted & gave it a handful of throttle to try & keep up, probly 50-55 mph, went into a long right hand turn & the back end slide real wide - flat rear tire. Any rear brake caused some crazy fishtailing, so I put as much weight on the front as I could while pumping the the front brake & down shifting, trying to slow as much as I could while waiting for the end of the guardrail so I could put it down in the soft grass if needed. Managed to stay upright & get it stopped w/o crashing. No messes in my pants but must have lost at least a couple pounds in sweat. Another buddy behind me thought I was doing some sort of Valentino Rossi slide, said it looked pretty cool until he realized I had blown the tire he just put on the day before in his shop.

it was a nice day so i was riding along a main street in my city with my visor up. I see this thing that looks like a leaf slowly fluttering about (almost drunkenly i was thinking as i was watching it).

As I approached it, it started coming faster and faster, and next thing I know I had just destroyed a butterfly with my face.

Back
Top Bottom