Post a pic of your latest purchase

klr650 is a dated design with skinny wimply 38mm forks the DR650 is a better bike
43mm forks better rear suspension by far as well

xb33bsa said:
klr650 is a dated design with skinny wimply 38mm forks the DR650 is a better bike
43mm forks better rear suspension by far as well

They upgraded the forks with the 08 redesign.
And they are different bikes for different purposes.

xb33bsa said:
the dr is better on the street and dirt pretty simple

With a few mods agreed.
But find me a DR for as cheap as double what I paid for the KLR and I'll be impressed.

SONIC. said:
Picked this up yesterday.
After 500 miles it's hands down the most fun bike I've ever owned.

Congrats on the KLR! It sounds like you are putting it to good use already. I know it is supposed to be a dual purpose bike, but does it feel like not quite a dirt bike - not quite a road bike or the perfect fusion of the two?

GodSilla650 said:
Congrats on the KLR! It sounds like you are putting it to good use already. I know it is supposed to be a dual purpose bike, but does it feel like not quite a dirt bike - not quite a road bike or the perfect fusion of the two?

I think it's the perfect fusion.
I wouldn't want to cruise interstate all day, and I wouldn't want to run it hard on a single track covered in boulders. But it awesome to ride at 50-70 as far as you want to go and then play around in the dirt when you get there. It's a lot more nimble than I thought it would be, but it's certainly no mx bike.

Got an 02 vulcan 500 with 1600 miles and a title. owner got a harley parked the vulcan in the yard in new orleans, and neglected it the past few years. Rear brake was locked up making it a pain to get on the truck, but its mine for very little investment. Hoping to get it going before October, but we shall see. Needs fork seals, brakes, tires, and Im already starting on the carbs as the picture of carb accessories shows. Sure is heavier than the cb350.

Attachments

• photo (8).JPG
    photo (8).JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 285
  • photo (13).JPG
    photo (13).JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 292
  • photo (12).JPG
    photo (12).JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 284
wahvtec said:
Got an 02 vulcan 500 with 1600 miles and a title. owner got a harley parked the vulcan in the yard in new orleans, and neglected it the past few years. Rear brake was locked up making it a pain to get on the truck, but its mine for very little investment. Hoping to get it going before October, but we shall see. Needs fork seals, brakes, tires, and Im already starting on the carbs as the picture of carb accessories shows. Sure is heavier than the cb350.

Nice - I had a vulcan for a bit - didn't really gel with me at the time although it was solid and dependable. You're right on the weight - I think they made the frame out of lead cos it probably heavier than 2 cb350's...

SONIC. said:
I think it's the perfect fusion.
I wouldn't want to cruise interstate all day, and I wouldn't want to run it hard on a single track covered in boulders. But it awesome to ride at 50-70 as far as you want to go and then play around in the dirt when you get there. It's a lot more nimble than I thought it would be, but it's certainly no mx bike.

Ride with several guys that have or had KLRs. Good bike to get you down the pavement to where you can hit some dirt. Good for gravel/fire roads and some of the better two-tracks. Personally, I'll stick with my plated XR600r, though.

CharlieT said:
Ride with several guys that have or had KLRs. Good bike to get you down the pavement to where you can hit some dirt. Good for gravel/fire roads and some of the better two-tracks. Personally, I'll stick with my plated XR600r, though.

Yep it's all about what you want to do with it.
My plans for it are TAT and hopefully a trip down south eventually.
So more road friendly is my goal, along with gravel and fire roads.
I've got a ts250 and a xr500r for acting stupid in the dirt

Ribo said:
Nice - I had a vulcan for a bit - didn't really gel with me at the time although it was solid and dependable. You're right on the weight - I think they made the frame out of lead cos it probably heavier than 2 cb350's...

yeah looking forward to my first water cooled bike. Make it a good beater daily hopefully. Then I can justify cleaning up the cb350 a bit

wahvtec said:
yeah looking forward to my first water cooled bike. Make it a good beater daily hopefully. Then I can justify cleaning up the cb350 a bit

Commuting on my triumph really took off the pressure of working on the KZ and my RD. Now I can slow down a bit a get more shit done right.

Anything is better than a cage.

1974 TS250. Fellow said I could just have it. And if I decided I wanted to keep it after this winter (able to get it going without pouring serious cash into it) then we would square up then or he would take it back if I didn't want it and he'd pay me for whatever work I do to it. Sounds like a deal to me :)

ase3a3ab.jpg

Spent $70 got this craftsman unit at a flea market today I have a bigger one at work and this is nearly full ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 185
1sttimer said:
Went to give a guy what I had left of a cb350. And then this happened.

y5yqybem.jpg
well look at you.....the next thing you buy should be forsale signs for the hondas. you wont want them after once you get that going

bradj said:
well look at you.....the next thing you buy should be forsale signs for the hondas. you wont want them after once you get that going

Haha I was waiting for a comment from ya man! Couldn't recall if you were a Kawi or Suzuki guy as well. I knew about the yamahas - but ya I can wait to smell the smoke. If you know where I can get parts let me know. It's got some small stuff missing and eBay is absurd.

1sttimer said:
Haha I was waiting for a comment from ya man! Couldn't recall if you were a Kawi or Suzuki guy as well. I knew about the yamahas - but ya I can wait to smell the smoke. If you know where I can get parts let me know. It's got some small stuff missing and eBay is absurd.
I have had good service from Economy Cycle: http://www.economycycle.com/servlet/the-Kawasaki-Triples/Categories

Back
Top Bottom