Harley Recall

I don't know anything about NASCAR or flat-track so I was totally talking out my ass...

The Nascar Camry is a 2 door. Try finding a 2 door Camry at the dealer. (Solaris doesn't count).

mydlyfkryzis said:
The Nascar Camry is a 2 door. Try finding a 2 door Camry at the dealer. (Solaris doesn't count).
The Nascar Camry has no doors.

speaking of harley ama flattrack live from the SAC mile !!
http://www.fanschoice.tv/watch-live/ama/flat-track

deviant said:
The Nascar Camry has no doors.
Like the Taurus NASCAR, the profile is based on a non-existing 2 door model. While no physical door, there is no street model with that profile.

Sent from planet Earth using mysterious electronic devices and Tapatalk

No shit. Except the SHO Taurus had two doors. The Challenger is also a 4-door. What's your point? Did you read the statement I was responding to?

I look at this recall and wonder more what idiot assembled the bike. The fix is a bracket to keep the line away from the tank. What idiot can't see oh im smashing something when bolting it down. We all build bikes here. We all know when assembling something watch to make sure its not pinching or smashing something.

xb33bsa said:
speaking of harley ama flattrack live from the SAC mile !!
http://www.fanschoice.tv/watch-live/ama/flat-track

Kawasaki baby!!!! 1,2 & 4
Check out AMA site.

deviant said:
No shit. Except the SHO Taurus had two doors. The Challenger is also a 4-door. What's your point? Did you read the statement I was responding to?
Yup. Read it. Thought the fact that nascar used a non existent model for racing was relevant to mc companies racing. Racing models are rarely available to the public.

Sho was/is 4 door. There are no production Taurus 2 doors. Some mock ups, but no production.

i remember those they were quite hi-po(for a production cage at the time) with the yamaha designed lump,variable length intakes, 24v, trick stuff

mydlyfkryzis said:
Yup. Read it. Thought the fact that nascar used a non existent model for racing was relevant to mc companies racing. Racing models are rarely available to the public.

Sho was/is 4 door. There are no production Taurus 2 doors. Some mock ups, but no production.

None of the Gen 4 cars represented actual street models except in name. Not sure producing a two-door version is required to consider that they run in racing. They're still a Camry body style, just minus two doors. Regardless, the thread refers to Harley racing, not a specific model. And we know Toyota races. They invest in the R&D and aren't a good parallel to Harley, which was my point.

xb33bsa said:
i remember those they were quite hi-po(for a production cage at the time) with the yamaha designed lump,variable length intakes, 24v, trick stuff

Yamaha just did the heads. The 3.0 liter v6 was also used in the Ranger.

It seems the article is gone from the link.

I ton up darn near everyday on my Sportster, and nuttin has fallin off that I needed, so I guess mine isnt the one recalled.

FYI kids I rode Trumpets and rice for 40 years, Since I started riding my Harley, girls have shown me thier ta-tas every summer for 6 years running. I dont ever remember seeing any riding other bikes.

Oh yeah, Harleys do suck, but seeing titties dont

Head Knocker said:

I ton up darn near everyday on my Sportster, and nuttin has fallin off that I needed, so I guess mine isnt the one recalled.

FYI kids I rode Trumpets and rice for 40 years, Since I started riding my Harley, girls have shown me thier ta-tas every summer for 6 years running. I dont ever remember seeing any riding other bikes.

This link is still good:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/530/Motorcycles/Motorcycle-Recalls.aspx

The brake issue is for touring bikes with ABS, not Skirtsters Sportsters.

All the kidding and H-D hating aside, I've owned a number of Harleys from 1951 Pans to my current one, a 1992 Sportster. I gave up riding big garbage barges and went with Harley's sport bike. The Sportster runs great, is extremely reliable and handles twisties as well as most sport bikes. I am a cafe racer fan and would ride one, but dear old "uncle arthur" is in my kknees and rearsets don't work for me. If they did, I'd cafe out my Sporty. The sportiest ride I had was a 1982 Yamaha XJ650R Seca. Almost scary it was so quick.

Anyway, even though the big Harleys are lumbering, the Sportster line is fun and quick and handles well....at least the pre-2004 models, with the frame mounted engines.

Dave

Head Knocker said:

This reply pretty much sums up why I have a bias against Harley "lifestyle" riders. I ride rice and will see titties worth seeing regardless of bike I own.

Either troll or guy who really needs to grow up.

Head Knocker said:
Since I started riding my Harley, girls have shown me thier ta-tas every summer for 6 years running. I dont ever remember seeing any riding other bikes.
Perhaps you've been doing it wrong then. I've never owned a Harley, but yet I have more than 6 summers worth of pics of pretty girls on/with my bikes.
In fact, a friend of mine has a Trail 70 that has probably seen more ass (naked and/or clothed) than all the bikes on this forum combined. AND, he rode that very same Trail 70 from southern Louisiana all the way to Sturgis. An endeavor that most "Traditional" attendees would never even consider much less attempt.

So, the simple act of owning and/or riding a Harley does not guarantee one will see bare boobs.
And if it does/did, then what does that say about the owner/rider? Or about the girl doing the flashing? ::)

Edit: Just to clarify... I have nothing against Harley. In my opinion, it's not what you ride, it's that you ride.
I ride, or have ridden, with many outstanding individuals who own many different makes of bikes.
There are also many different "lifestyle" riders out there. From the Goldwingers to the Sportbikers to the Harley riders. And yes, even the Café Racers.

Just to clarify, mostly I like to poke fun at Harley's just because there is so much material and it's a funny to me to see the knee-jerk reaction of some folks that will defend them to the end cos they're 'MERICAN damn it... and I hate bullshit which Harley (the company) spew like a fountain - the iconic image of American Freedom has become such thinly veiled marketing propaganda it kinda makes me a little sick.

Maybe it's cos I'm not an American but have lived here for a while that I don't hold any nostalgia towards them so I judge them without the badge and to me that seems to drop the price tag a great deal. Like has been said on here a few times "I like motorcycles", and I'm sure there are some reasonable examples in the Harley shed but I've got no desire to ride them for the same reason I would have no desire to copulate with a woman that would show me her "ta-tas" just cos I ride a bike -- both are shallow and probably a bit bumpy in the curves.

Redbird said:
Edit: Just to clarify... I have nothing against Harley. In my opinion, it's not what you ride, it's that you ride.
I ride, or have ridden, with many outstanding individuals who own many different makes of bikes.
There are also many different "lifestyle" riders out there. From the Goldwingers to the Sportbikers to the Harley riders. And yes, even the Café Racers.

^^^ Right there.

Drifter said:
All the kidding and H-D hating aside, I've owned a number of Harleys from 1951 Pans to my current one, a 1992 Sportster. I gave up riding big garbage barges and went with Harley's sport bike. The Sportster runs great, is extremely reliable and handles twisties as well as most sport bikes. I am a cafe racer fan and would ride one, but dear old "uncle arthur" is in my kknees and rearsets don't work for me. If they did, I'd cafe out my Sporty. The sportiest ride I had was a 1982 Yamaha XJ650R Seca. Almost scary it was so quick.

Anyway, even though the big Harleys are lumbering, the Sportster line is fun and quick and handles well....at least the pre-2004 models, with the frame mounted engines.

Dave

What happened in 2005? I'm on google images trying to see the difference you are talking about, and my eye just isn't good enough.

Back
Top Bottom