1975 Honda CB360T

Ordered new shocks today. They will help lower the bike (I'm 5"3 and stand on tippy toes currently) and will also be black to match the frame. I don't love that they have the "bell" style end to them, but...they'll do. Will post images once they arrive and I start installing them.

Attachments

• 32-1150b-black-shorty-eye-to-clevis-shock-absorbers-4.jpg
    32-1150b-black-shorty-eye-to-clevis-shock-absorbers-4.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 211
New shocks installed...had to remove the metal bushing and definitely get a little creative getting these guys installed; it was a tight fit! Seat also arrived. Need to work on getting the frame cut so that I can get that installed. I believe the last steps I'll take - for this first round of changes - will be the new Mikuni's and a new speedo/tach. Does anyone have any input on possible jetting for the Mikuni's with Uni Pod filter's from Dime City?

Attachments

• IMG_9278.JPG
    IMG_9278.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 218
  • IMG_9321.JPG
    IMG_9321.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 221
There's the eye of the shock, the rubber piece, and then there was a metal piece on the inside. My original shocks didn't have the metal piece so I removed it from the replacement shocks and they fit without issue.

The bushing is not needed if it doesn't fit. it's there because they make the shocks fit more different bike, As long as there is a tight fit on the rubber to the stud on the bike there are no issues.

After much debate it saddens me to say that I am going to have someone cut the frame for me. I'm not proficient or knowledgeable enough on fabrication to do the work myself, safely. Does anyone have any recommendations on what is a fair price to pay for that kind of work? I need all the tabs removed, a small portion of the rear removed, and the new loop welded on.

Thanks,
Dana

It's possible that someone on the forum might be able to do that work for you at mate's rates.

I live in Minnesota. Berkshire is my last name :)

I'm having a hell of a time locating garages in MN that will do the work, either. I know the battery box is going to need to be moved as well to fit with my Mikuni's. It's a lot of take in/figure out, that's for sure. Anyone from my neck of the woods?

I'm north east Illinois, so not close enough. That must be a day's drive each way.

Must be one of us closer.

Hey all!

As you can see, it’s been quite some time since I’ve made any updates on this post. I had some unexpected financial costs - which I’m still working on - but the strain has now lessened allowing for some progress. I won’t have a fully functioning bike for this year, as I’d originally hoped for, but I still smile seeing her in my garage every morning, so there’s that!

I mentioned needing help with the cutting and welding of the frame. I’m happy to report I remembered of a friend who has some fabrication tools and knowledge. Hopefully between the two of us, and maybe one of his friends, we can get the job done half-way right and decent.

As of today, I’m ordering the Sparck Moto Regulator/Rectifier, Stator, and Wiring Harness as well as the diodes and relay flasher. I’ll also be picking up a top end rebuild kit from common-motor. I don’t think I need a full rebuild, or to bore the engine, but I’m sure she can do with a fresh set of seals.

I’m still reading through old posts to find answers but man there’s just a lot to sift through! I’m debating (and researching) on the following parts - so if anyone has go-to/favorites - please feel free to share!

1. Battery
- Brand and Type/Style

2. Mains, Jets, and Filters for my Mikuni VM 28’s

3. Replacement Rims/Rim Sizes
- Mine are cracked and not safe to ride on. I’ve only found two options for a 1.60 front. 4.into.1 and Buchanan...wondering if I can safely run a 1.85 in the front and a 2.15 in the rear. This would make finding replacements a bit easier and possibly less expensive.

4. Exhaust - My current pipes have heat spots, rust, etc.

5. Electronics Tray
6. LED Headlight, Indicators and Brake light

Happy Building!

I have run a 2.15 front and rear on a CB350, so a 1.85 is no problem. You can't go wider than a 100 - 18 front tire without clearance issues. You should look at Mikes XS for alloy rims for a decent price. I probably have some chrome oem CB350 rims that would clean up well enough to paint if you want to go a less expensive route. What size tires are you planning to use?
Where in MN are you? I am over the WI border near Menomonie but have a son in Eden Prarie.

80/90-18 and 90/90-18 are pretty standard sizes for 1.85 WM rims. For 100/90-18, you'd want a 2.15 anyway.

80/90-18 and 90/90-18 are pretty standard sizes for 1.85 WM rims. For 100/90-18, you'd want a 2.15 anyway.
I ran a 110-18 front and a 130/65-18 rear on WM3 rims on my CB350 racebike. I don't recommend it but was the perfect set up for me on that bike.

I have run a 2.15 front and rear on a CB350, so a 1.85 is no problem. You can't go wider than a 100 - 18 front tire without clearance issues. You should look at Mikes XS for alloy rims for a decent price. I probably have some chrome oem CB350 rims that would clean up well enough to paint if you want to go a less expensive route. What size tires are you planning to use?
Where in MN are you? I am over the WI border near Menomonie but have a son in Eden Prarie.

I'm actually near Eden Prairie! Right now I'm thinking of running a 1.85 on the front and the 2.15 on the rear, with stock tire sizes. I just wanted to know if there were any issues with fitment or installation that I needed to be cognizant of.

I updated my excel sheet of expenditures yesterday and realized I've now spent more in parts/upgrades than I did for the bike. I'm sure this is common and - since I've already invested a fair amount of money - I may as well continue with purchasing middle/high quality parts, within reason. So, I've taken a look and I show that Buchanan and Cognito Moto both carry those size rims and they are within the same price range; I'm leaning towards those at this point.

Attachments

• Bike.zip
    10.9 KB · Views: 158
In my humble opinion, you won't get much bang for the extra buck by going from Mikes XS rims to more expensive ones.

Another rim question that I'm struggling to find the answer on...why are the front and rear two different sizes? I understand that the front and rear tires are often time different in size for handling...does the same apply to the rims?

Also, I've spent a good portion of today looking for some additional parts I'm going to need/want to replace. I'm starting with the exhaust as that will be needed for me to complete the installation of the Mikuni's...I'm looking at sourcing just headers so that I can do a non megaphone style exhaust. Can someone confirm these will work? I know it says CB360 on the web site but I'm surprised at the price. Not sure if I am missing something?

https://www.shironetw.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=798956

As always, thank you, and happy building!

Back
Top Bottom