TX500 build

JRK5892 said:
PM your number man... i have all day tomorrow off... all i have to do is lift then work on the scoot... help is ALWAYS welcome... ha ha ha i dont really sleep to much.

You can always hit me up on the weekends man. I am always down for some wrenching I am no pro but I am also no dummy. I just enjoy working on anything. I've come to realize that working with your hands is either in your blood or not. I have a few friends that love working on stuff and others that wouldn't touch anything because they are scared to learn/break something. But if anyone wants to learn how to work on anything guaranteed they will break/make a dumb mistake on something at one point or another.

ha ha ha i am KING of dump mistakes!!! ha ha ha hell ya man... PM me your number ill hit you up for sure...

JRK5892 said:
ha ha ha i am KING of dump mistakes!!! ha ha ha hell ya man... PM me your number ill hit you up for sure...

lol.. then i guess you must be very skilled huh.. lol!! But really admire your work, my friend! :D

Juz a reminder for ya, COunting down to 6 days to CHRISTMAS!!! Have you guys done your shopping yet?? ;D

This is turning out to be a cool build. I like your attention to detail. It's a nice juxtaposition to your other build. Keep up the good work.

--Chris

front end is on... needs to be torqed down still, same with the swing arm, either polished or powder coated every screw and washer as well... too tired to explain more.

2w6zcl4.jpg

30rur89.jpg

2qjeph0.jpg

2jbti5e.jpg

s48m61.jpg

Joe,

Like the gold and white, I'm assuming that's all powder, right? Curious minds whant to know what you're planning for the thank, badges, stripes, what?

Keep up the good work, your posts make pack up what I'm doing and head out to the garage for some bike work!

Scott

well, was up at 7AM, ha ha ha nothing like 3 hours of sleep to recharge the batterys in my body... ha ha ha my brother and i went an hit up the local swap meet.. i landed some cool stuff... got a set of old sporty AMF forward controls, that i will adapt to work as rear sets on this ride, also for the tank i am going to cut this dash to fit (off a sportster as well) and then my buddy at loner industries makes me all my tank badges for my builds... here are the ones i will be using on this one, they will be attached to the side covers with chrome yamaha tuning forks badges under them.. tank will just be white with the dash eihter done in polished, bronze, black, or white.. to be decided later... Loner does the best CNC work in the busn no question... if anyone needs anything made i can hook it up.. and i MEAN ANYTHING, he is insane and has a bench top CNC as well as a full CNC... can do it all..

the badges and dash

xqdea0.jpg

jrrxhx.jpg

my new forward, going to be turned rear sets

34zfszl.jpg

29e3l7s.jpg

Love this thread! The attention to detail is STAGGERING. It's exciting for me to see it coming together. This thing is going to be super bad ass.

It has been a blast watching the break down and all the detail work you have put in on this project, and I am happy finally see it coming back together. It looks great.

And you are not allowed to take a week off again before the bike is finished. It was a long wait to see the new posts : )

Happy holidays, here is to hoping Santa brings you all the tools and parts you are hoping for!

ha ha ha funny you say that, i tried my tail off last night to work on it, but could not the garage would not heat! i had 2 heaters going and still it was just simply too cold (-6) outside... so i brought both of my heaters over to my brothers garage and we began to wire the chopper we built for him (after it's first summer on the road we decided to re do a few things)
it is a show style chopper that we are going to have to adapt to make it full time ridable, i do not know what hte hell i was thinking going with a 2.5 quart oil container on a 110 rev tech V twin... stupid... so we have to increase that a bit more and i am going to convert the 5 spring open primary to a 3 spring... 5 is just a bit much to pull back on the hydrolic clutch... but he got alot done there... i showed up and there was still a keg in his garage...needless to say did more drinking and burning than work... hahaha nice for once

tonight i kept ahead and cont the work on the front end... did the brakes today... got the caliper torn apart and powder coated, polished out hte hand controls and resivor, as well as the conection joint and hosing... then polished out the center of the floating rotor, all the set clips, all the bolts, all the nuts, front wheel show plate, speedo mount, wheel spacer... and then cut the brace from under the front fender, smoothed it out, drilled it to match my chain guard, mixed in some more bronze flake in with the black to help tie it all together... you have to have a fork brace on any bike you plan on really getting into the turns on.... i even had time to fill in the indents on the swithc covers wiht some JB weld, fix the dent in the show ring on the headlight, fill that in wiht some JB weld... in 18 hours after it drys up i will smooth sand it and powder all that as well... trim ring in white, the rest in black... the bike has 2 differnet levers, can not have that now can i... so i marked them and cut off the balls on the end, from there i ground them down, my belt sander is at my brothers house so i will ahve to finish them later... but now they match and look pretty trick... will look even better after a coat of paint is layed down on it... it is a good litte trick to pimp out stock levers, ill post in teh $50 mod thread once it is done... did alot just not much to show for it...

2vkeyya.jpg

1zf3bed.jpg

i28xnb.jpg

Levers (to be continued)

k4b8l3.jpg

Fork Brace:

2w254ev.jpg

2jb060k.jpg

2w705mg.jpg

Hey JRK, You mentioned filling in some indents with JB weld on parts you were going to powder. I didn't know you could do that, but then everyting I know about powder, I've learned from your posts. I figured the JB weld couldn't handle the heat.

So what's the story on fillers that can handle powder coating?

Your posts have been a wealth of info for me and a lot of others I'm sure. Thanks, and keep'em coming.

CC

JB weld works great to take the heat and i use it on body work all the time, companys make metal fillers as well just for powder coat and they have the sanding properties just like bondo does... same with JB weld... you ahve to give it about 18 hours to cure to a full solid state but it works just fine! when i hot flock an item with JB weld i only heat it to about 150 then powder and cure as normal... works just fine and looks great! the run/off swithc on the top of the control was snapped off so i ground it all down and then filled it... ill post pics as i finish up...

Lookin sweet man! I can wait to the the tank once its completed. The gold frame really turned out nice with the blacked out and polished motor. What are your plans for the wheels?

JRK I can't even post on here man. Your stuff is awesome. everytime I look its like dam. And all I can do is ask HOW HOW show me show me. great work.

thanks man i am really diggin your build as well.... still learning ever day! just found a KILLER web site about steel stockm will be in the shop all day tomorrow using the mill and layth to make some stuff for a chopper i built a while back an now my brother wants some fog lights added to it, can not just bolt em on have to rock something custome... going to make some cool shit tomorrow though Ill post pics!

Back
Top Bottom