CB360 tracker/brat w XR600 Engine

Here's a pic of her new arse.
Seat's way more comfortable. Rear fender is temp, waiting for a new 4" alloy one to arrive, which I'll use on the front and rear.

IMG_3631.jpg

she really is too cool. And w a single carb...thats the icing on the cake!

I really wish you had not built this. When I first saw the bike, my thoughts immediately turned to building a "special" with a big bore single in place of the original anemic twin motor. Since I read your build thread, my spare titled 360 frame is whispering to me..."build it, you know you want one"! Last night I dreamed about a XR600 powered street bike...you've ruined my life! LOL! It is a very nice bike, nice design and execution. I bet it is a hoot to ride. Anyone have a spare XR600 motor?
Rider

Rider52 said:
I really wish you had not built this. When I first saw the bike, my thoughts immediately turned to building a "special" with a big bore single in place of the original anemic twin motor. Since I read your build thread, my spare titled 360 frame is whispering to me..."build it, you know you want one"! Last night I dreamed about a XR600 powered street bike...you've ruined my life! LOL! It is a very nice bike, nice design and execution. I bet it is a hoot to ride. Anyone have a spare XR600 motor?
Rider

Do it, just buy a complete, running XR600. PM me if you need any help.

Here's a couple of pics of it lately.
Lowered 2" all round and a different tail light. Also made a gearing change. Modifed the inlet manifold and painted it black
And painted exhaust.
Still ride it to work every day. So much fun
IMG_3797.jpg

IMG_3798.jpg

NICE! I'd considered this kind of swap before as I have a couple "extra" titled CB450 frames with no engines......Love, Love, Love!

Just read your build over on hondatwins, WOW, exciting and interesting to say the least. How does she do on the highway for long periods? You've now got me wishing I had the $500 for a rebuilt 86 XR600R that's for sale locally. Maybe the CB350 will have to sit a little longer and I can twist the wife's arm for christmas......

Thought I'd post an update.
Done about 5K trouble free miles. Still starts first kick and runs like a scalded cat.
Added new shocks, shorter rear fender and changed its profile.

Currently building a new light weight wheel set and super sticky rubber

Cheers

Damn. THAT is a nice-looking bike in all respects (aside from the tires!). Would love to give it a ride. Glad to see there is new rubber in the works. What type were you thinking about?

Here's a bunch of pics of a stock frame and one with the xr engine in it showing the only major frame mod required to get the engine to fit

Back
Top Bottom