Bobber donor for a fat guy?!

Well brothers, I almost fell into "THE TRAP"

A buddy of mine was sending me ads from a Used HD dealer, some good prices, some nice bikes (never both on the same for some reason) and I considered it, even email the shop about trading in my Vulcan.

And when i went down tonight, to take some "formal pics" I started laughing. ALl that buying a used HD would do would be eat up all my proceeds from selling off my unused music gear, AND, add "bike payments" and "increased insurance cost" to my monthly budget... and finally, when i got it home, and got it all shined up (for the last time given my cleaning regimen) once all the money was paid and it was finally "all mine"......

I WOULD STILL NEED TO DO EVERYTHING I AM THINKING OF DOING TO MY VULCAN!!!!!!

They had a nice heritage softail, and once i bobbed it and put on a vintage solo seat, and ditched/changed the front fender, and painted it black it would be perfect... it would look JUST LIKE MY VULCAN WILL!!!!

So madness averted, I have a small nest egg again,a nd i can consider ordering parts. and maybe even a pro paint job!!! (will wonders never cease!?)

OH, and talking to my despised ex wife today, she mentioned that she is planning on paying the full amount of our divorce costs!!!! "Since it was my idea after all"

LOL

AWESOME!!!

Sometimes it's all puppies and rainbows
:)

" Sometimes it's all puppies and rainbows"
smiley.gif

And gumdrops....don't forget those!

As counter intuitive as it sounds, try to keep things as amicable as you can during this unfortunate process. If she's willing to foot those costs great. However, do procure representation for yourself.

Good news for bike mate, and good job avoiding NBF.......'New Bike Fever'.

Ohhh the PAIN NEW BIKE FEVER HAS ME LOSING CONTROL!!!!

lol!

Don't worry about the divorce end of things... it's been almost a full year since our seperation, Which was all spelled out and handled by our respective lawyers, Truth be told i made out pretty good, partially because her lawyer is an idiot. But i guess, since i didn't want to be tied to her financially, and mentioned i wanted no spousal support, her lawyer JUMPED to sign me with whatever i wanted... She made 3x what i make, so she could have been shelling out alimony to me for 10-15 years! and it would end up being about half my yearly income! I just didn't want to be tied to her at all... THe last thing we have to do is officially get her pension split and we are done. I need never talk to her again

On the bike front... I have been worrying and nervous.. I actually have all the money i need for the project, if I am to do it myself. I can order the Blue collar kits if I want. I talked to my ex's brother, who is an industrial steel fabricator, and he mentioned he would make me fenders if i want... which is tempting. It's funny. Now that i HAVE the money, i am humming and hawing about it. Had a nice warm day (4 celcius) and rode the bike to work... it dropped back to zero and the wind picked up, it was a chilly ride home! but as i was out, i cleaned some of the grime off my bike... there is some dammage... a little rust here and there... so I may end up chopping it up after all... If the fenders were mint, it would make sense to keep them stock and buy aftermarket ones... but if they are getting a little rust, MIGHT AS WELL CHOP EM UP AND POWDERCOAT THEM!!!

:)

Back
Top Bottom