Blue Haze - a two-stroke miscellany

Or the sound you get 2 seconds after hitting a yellow jacket nest with a stick and 10 seconds before that noise is drowned out by your screams :eek:

eb59aff95e7f325ac8211c7d850a6e2e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Lots of innovation there. Hub center steering, triangulated front end, low low bars. Looks like a Suzuki Cobra top end but is that a side mounted ie rotary valve carb I see there? Not necessarily the way that drag bike design evolved but interesting to see what was tried.

teazer said:
Lots of innovation there. Hub center steering, triangulated front end, low low bars. Looks like a Suzuki Cobra top end but is that a side mounted ie rotary valve carb I see there? Not necessarily the way that drag bike design evolved but interesting to see what was tried.

Could it be a Kawi Twin? They have a rotary set up. :)

hooligan998 said:
Fuggin cool as shite. Got more info on it?
No info sadly. I found it on a random Facebook page with no info. I like it alot though

Drewski said:
Could it be a Kawi Twin? They have a rotary set up. :)
Could be. I too thought the jugs and head looked very suzikish, but I've been wrong before... Once ;) haha

Good catch. Could indeed be an A7R or A7SS motor. They had barrels that were shaped much like a T20 and like a smaller version of a T500 in general shape at least.

Went up to a memorial service for a snowmobile buddy of ours who recently passed of cancer. Many people showed up in all manner of vehicles, but this one obviously caught my eye. All original first year buffalo. Survivor barn find with somewhere around 7k miles. Not perfect, but a very neat bike!
62879a19aaa08a8f84a710902ece7f6f.jpg

Amazing work. Can someone explain what he has done and why?

It looks like he took two sets of TZ250G barrels (with fat intake ports stock) and welded in a bridge in the intake and then added reed boxes and rear boost ports.

On the exhaust side he appears to have added a pair of eyebrow ports for more initial time-area and more blowdown T-A. And he's machined up some new studs to provide space for those extra ports. But the exhausts are extremely wide and those oval outlets are not stcok on those barrels. That's an interesting mod.

The reshaped front (main) transfer port was either been welded to allow sufficient bridge to the exhaust ports or has been raised and that would be unusual, so I'm guessing they were also welded.

The welding along the front lower flange and machined away water jackets are very interesting. Is he running it dry and arranging to have forced air to stop it melting on a long run? That I don't get. on an LSR bike, weight is less important that power and drag, so there's some thinking that isn't obvious. If it's to be aircooled, would it not be easier to start with an RD250 barrel or would that need even more welding and machining to work?

And, forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't sectioning out the head studs be counterproductive to the clamping strength?
For clarification, I'm not bashing/flaming, just trying to understand.

Short answer is yes, but how strong do they need to be? I don;t know but I am guessing that Jeff Henise will soon find out. He still has to cut or roll threads and work out what he's doing about the sleeve nuts. My guess is he won't use them but will use simple nuts on top of the head.

Those studs look more like 10 or maybe 12mm diameter so it's also possible that he moved them slight outwards at the same time as going up from stock 8mm. The cutaways look to be in odd places and direction but we can't see the ports in relation to them

Im tryin squeeze every last ounce outta this stock bore moped....hoping to see 60 mph then apply same shit to this 4 speed bottom end to try and hit 100

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 224
Some of ya'll seen it in the specials section already I'm sure, but I sure do like staring at this thing!

Attachments

• 20170723_135256-X2.jpg
    20170723_135256-X2.jpg
    445.9 KB · Views: 237
I like starting at that thing too.

Back
Top Bottom