1976 CB550F survivor

Polished up the aluminum, but only just enough to get the oxidation off. I tried to match the original finish. The end cover is an NOS piece, for comparison.

Yeah...that's probably why the front brake wasn't working. Rebuilt the caliper, new braided hose and a David Silver Spares master cylinder took care of that.

Touched up the flaking paint with VHT silver and a foam brush. The engine turned out nice and doesn't leak a drop.
Gave it a full tune-up and installed a Pamco ignition.

The bike turned out really nice. It's amazingly quiet with the stock exhaust and runs like a dream.

Man that thing is beautiful! Good job having the forethought to keep it in its original state. Exactly what she was begging for! And those Lesters are doing it for me on that bike. Top work!

That's such a gorgeous bike, great find and good for you for keeping it so tasteful. I recently picked up a '76 550F also and I'm really looking forward to getting into it in a few weeks when I'll have some more time. Anyway, just wanted to say that your bike is great and really inspiring to me. Also, your video looks like it could be an outtake from the opening credits of "The Wonder Years" - what would you do, if I sang out of tune...

Back
Top Bottom