this may be my "tuner" spirit coming back to haunt me

XsjadoTwin

Been Around the Block
I may be completely wrong here and please correct me if I am wrong. (I had this idea whilst looking at a photo of a friends vehicle, he has a turbo Porsche with a FMIC and a No² line serpentining up and down across the intercooler (so when we sprays his nitrous is cool the surface of the intercooler allowing for low pressure air yada yada we all know the principles of a turbo)

Anyway, my idea comes to this, say someone where to bend some lines to fit the exterior contours of the cooling fins. And theses lines had perforated holes on the side facing the fins, would sparying small intermittent bursts of No² directly onto the fins help with cooling in extreme heat conditions?

I know this idea is out there but I will be using this as a daily driver and commute about 37miles round trip in 100+ air temps most of the year.

I think your nitrous tubes would restrict the airflow around the fins and actually cause higher temps.
Then when you hit the button to cool it with you nitrous it would be cooling too quick, almost a shock to the engine. The aluminum head will contract more rapidly than the iron cylinders.
These heat / cool cycles would be more detrimental than just letting the engine maintain a constant temp.
Granted I wouldn't run the engine for extended periods without moving, like when you're stopped in traffic, at those ambient temps... but as long as you're riding it should be OK.
Those Engineers who designed the cooling fin size and shape tended to know what they were doing... most were designed to be run in the summer temps.

the nitrous idear woodn't work :'(
any cooling needs to be more gentle and involve moving air
use fully synthetic oil
also you could run a small fan blowing right at the front of the head
but use a total loss battery you dont want to tax the stock system
some lion bats with a pancake fan wood be slik
it is not so much the heat you are dealing with in trafiic but the still air compounds the issue

Back
Top Bottom