1977 Ts250 Suzuki

77SuzukiTS250

I need help with a few things I got this bike in pieces in a crate it's been about four days and I've used up all my parts and bolts and nuts ect I've put ts oil in it and fresh gas and spark plug the motors compression is around 63lbs I've cleaned the carb and jets over a dozen times I can't seem to figure out why it won't start and where to go from here as for parts I'm on a low budget and it has all original parts but I want it to look a bit more modern I've seen some google pic of it with street bike ish plastics and stuff but I can't find that stuff anywhere any help would be awesome thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 389
Whoa... Not a big fan of punctuation, huh? ;)

Pics of the parts your after would be helpful, and that compression number seems mighty low...

VonYinzer is right, your cranking compression should be between 120-200. Chances are good that the piston has a hole in it, or the rings and bore are flat worn out. It will not run unless the compression issue is addressed.

Your rear shocks are upsidedown the seats looks like a yamaha street bike dont forget the rear brake arm that goes from the swingarm to the rear hub

Thanks for the advice and but I had my dad look at the piston and rings and he said that one of them looked like it was cut. Do you guys know where I can get new rings for it ?

This is a picture from another guy who did build of the same bike and this is what I'm going for.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,041
They are decent little vintage 2T dual sports. I like them stock or at most as a street tracker ...You can make it into anything you want tho.... it's yours :D

77SuzukiTS250 said:
This is a picture from another guy who did build of the same bike and this is what I'm going for.

Hey man I just responded to your PM, the bike pictured above is my TS250 just MS painted to show the paint job.

Original pic here:
d605ffd2.jpg

The plastics are in fact the stock TS250 ones. I have seen them on e-bay a few times! They are either Red, Yellow or White in 77 I believe...
This one on e-bay is the same as the ones you saw in the paint pic: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1977-SUZUKI-TS250B-CCI-LEFT-SIDE-COVER-PANEL-OEM-/251316670315?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a83a40f6b&vxp=mtr&_uhb=1

The right side is a heat shield painted the same as the plastics/tank. Couldn't see one on e-bay except on this complete exhaust system: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1977-SUZUKI-TS250B-CCI-EXHAUST-HEAT-SHIELD-HEADER-PIPE-OEM-/251316670644?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a83a410b4&vxp=mtr&_uhb=1

The fiberglass seat cowl is from www.hotwingglass.com - XR FLAT TRACK-1 SEAT

Ease said:

The cowl requires some supports to be welded to the frame. I welded 3; the manufacturer recommends 2 supports under the seat pad, but I wanted support under the cowl also (for carrying stuff, maybe a person in a pinch at the cabin).

Ease said:

Hopefully that is more helpful than my PM!

bradj said:
Your rear shocks are upsidedown the seats looks like a yamaha street bike dont forget the rear brake arm that goes from the swingarm to the rear hub

The suzuki manual and all pics show the shocks mounted the way he has them, as do I. Freaked out my motorcycle mechanic buddy too.

10756_0_1_2_ts%20250_Image%20credits%20-%20Tim%20Walker.jpg

Not painted yet but I'm doing a rattle-can paint job.

I grabbed a matching yellow spray can from a local paint supplier and I'm getting the front fender color-matched for the rear cowl, also in a spray can, also from a local guy.

Keep an eye on my build thread I will be doing the paint work soon.

1977 Ts250 Suzuki

Hey man I updated my build thread (77 TS 250 in my sig) the paint cans are all pictured except for the SprayMax2K clear I bought at Napa; $25 here in St. John's.

Back
Top Bottom