1921 ajs 350 start

hi marty,
no thanks to me-ha ha ...my son did it for me and said it was fun so hopefully we can do more in the future..
i had a chance to drill the front hub rivets and shim the hub so the run out was better and installed new hardware and toqued it up ...now i have to remove the damaged paint and repaint it, then rebuild and true the wheel.
i also have to remake the lh main al/bronze bushing as the fit in the case is not tight enough. i have no more material so i think i am going to make a sleeve for the bushing od!
joe

Picture1004.jpg

Picture1003.jpg

got a roller!
tore down the front wheel drilled the rivets and decided to shim the hub instead of trying to straighten the flange as i was worried it might crack....it shimmed up fine, repainted urethane and laced built up front end....i still have to make a sleeve for the main bushing when i get a chance....take it easy, joe@ vcycle

Picture1028.jpg

Picture1030.jpg

had to true the crankshaft, make a new lh bushing and line ream it. assembled cases and installed in frame.had to make three engine bolts from s/s all thread - all s/s mount bolt hardware was glass beaded to match the cad plating of the other hardware.
the kick spring i made up a while ago had to be bent and trimed at the end attach points. i still have to cut the kick shaft and machine a step in it for the kick arm but i need to see what kind of clearance i need for the exhaust system which i have not made yet.....
joe

Picture1037.jpg

Picture1038.jpg

modern high tech tail light.........lucas acetylene light
joe@ vcycle

Picture1041.jpg

lucas tail lt mounted
Picture1042.jpg

after another week of fabricating a few parts
Picture1044.jpg

rh side......now on to making magneto spacer block and a vernier adjuster for the timing sprocket.....have a good weekend,joe

DSC00503.jpg

rolled bike back on lift for this winter to see what can be done between all the other work..
we did get to add the magneto spacer which had to be machined from 1/4" plate.
DSC00504.jpg

blog; www.joesvcycle.wordpress.com

Once again i rolled the bike back into the shop so i can work on it until spring…here is an update shot, i will add more info and photo's soon…joe

using part of a home made press brake to make tank clamp brackets.

finished 16 gauge brackets before prime and paint..

velocity stack insert…since i could not locate a correct velocity stack i had to make one(two)…..yes, i fucked one up! machined id too large ...

This is why I love the restoration section. Bloody brilliant. Love to see your patience with this bike.

Back
Top Bottom