The Platypus (CB750C)

MORK

Back at er
Picked up this thing for a steal to get back into a little building. I wouldn't have chosen it originally except for the price and condition. Has 17k on it and looks to have been well taken care of until it was garaged for a few years.

tumblr_oe0otyRkjH1qgvczxo1_1280.jpg

Budget has been cleared for it, so progress will be quite quick.

Re: Back at it again with a CB750C

b6dea6ed4b53a7eb0cdf5b87fc47cbda.jpg

Freshly painted wheels and a new set of rubber. The lighting is already delivered and I have the new bars.

I'm undecided about gauges. Go minimalistic or lower the headlight and stock gauges with some fancy brackets.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

209419f3c0d0fce76833e083b771364a.jpg

Small progress. 32" low rise bars, a little cleaning here and there, and now I'm waiting for the new cable set, replacement lever, and seat to come in do I can weld the rear hoop and do some riding and testing to see if I want to swap tanks, exhaust, and decide how far into gauges I want to go.

Any opinions on the simple DCC 2.5 T&S? I'm debating between that or a fancy mini speedo like the motogadget tiny. I don't think I would do an acewell again - too digital.

b84fe26487d0fdf25fc34b045cb52b5a.jpg

New fork seals and fender. Perfect. Any opinions on painting the forks? I like the contrast with the light patina on the aluminum and all the new paint, so I'm leaning to bare aluminum.

I really like that seat! Very nice... It should look great trimmed out with the hoop.

sbruton said:
I really like that seat! Very nice... It should look great trimmed out with the hoop.

Thanks - so far it seems to be quite nice and although quite thin, comfy initially.

0ad5784c32370db2f82c3847805c66cc.jpg

Cookie said:
That's a sharp looking light!

Agreed. I like it a lot and it took forever to find one that I liked. So many out there are plastic housing piece of junk looking things. No thanks.

Especially on a part that will probably get kicked a few times.

I like those big ass 750C models, with cut down seat, straight bars and a sweet sounding zorst....stick the fattest tyre on the back, lower the front a touch and ride the bejezus out of it I reckon. :D

CB MIKE said:
Where did you get the seat from? It looks great!

Sent from my SM-G930V using DO THE TON mobile app

There is an eBay guy - daytrader-07 that manufactures them in Vietnam. I got it mainly because of the seat pan quality. The hoop he includes is crap, so I got a nice one with plugs bent up.

Also, here is another view of the light tacked on. This thing sits so low that I don't want any sharp edges inside the fender so all the mounts are welded on from on top but still removable.

82553ca862e95362a984fa0d15a92832.jpg

The Limey said:
I'm intrigued by the Beemer. Used to have an R80/7 myself, and ex police bike.

65746bdf971d32c1d8fc4a7a4ca0ea1b.jpg

It's a fun ride - definitely has a personality of its own. It's been quite a few years since I built it and I would make a few changes, but it's enjoyable to take out every time.

Back
Top Bottom