CB750 No Plunger Hellride Freedom Machine

Re: CB750 No Plunger Hellride

Sweet shiny bits! Great job on the seat. I've been wanting to try leatherworking.

Quick little progress shot for perspective. Looks like I’m wiring and paint away from complete. I’ll wire it, ride it, sort out kinks, disassemble, then paint. Also sending the field coil to rebuild. It didn’t check out before. I’ll check again first, but I think it’s bad.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_1576.JPG
    IMG_1576.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 203

Hand-stiched leather seat, breadbox air filter...this bike just gets cooler and cooler

Last thing you need is any input Irk, you've got this all taken care of. But I wonder how that seat would look backed up about 4", or kick up the rear of the seat a bit

The Jimbonaut said:
Last thing you need is any input Irk, you've got this all taken care of. But I wonder how that seat would look backed up about 4", or kick up the rear of the seat a bit
This is why I like to post progress shots, to see how everything looks as a composition. I hadn't thought of leveling the seat. It's worth a gander. Placement front to back is relative to ride position. I have 1.25" to the fender and about an inch to move forward towards the tank. I'm a shorty at 5'6", so the seat's current spot puts me at a good relaxed posture.

CB750 No Plunger Hellride

Oh yeah, for sure. Gotta make sure you reach those pedals. Reckon bumping up the back of that saddle would really define it, could even make it comfier too

Edited to add - Of course it could totally bugger up the profile completely. In which case disregard everything I was never here I never said nothing

Since this is going to be kick only, I'm deleting the starter and using the starter tray for an electronics tray. What isn't under the tank, or in the headlight bucket, will be here.

Since the starter tray lid mounted to the actual starter, I need another way to attach it, so one screw will thread into the starter delete plug.

77150-040818000114-41931454.jpeg

77150-040818000119-42082067.jpeg

77150-040818000118-42071168.jpeg

77150-040818000120-42092001.jpeg

Instead of a big reservoir...

Attachments

• IMG_1626.JPG
    IMG_1626.JPG
    238.2 KB · Views: 190

I watched my boss lock up his rear wheel because of a tube setup like that. If the brake fluid gets hot and expands, there is no where for it to go other than to pressurize the system and push the caliper piston out which makes it drag which makes it hotter so you get a positive feedback loop, until lock. Or as the pad wears the pistons retract too far because more fluid cant be pulled into the system because of the vacuum. Thats why the caps of reservoirs have those funky rubber inserts to expand and contract with the system.

doc_rot said:
I watched my boss lock up his rear wheel because of a tube setup like that. If the brake fluid gets hot and expands, there is no where for it to go other than to pressurize the system and push the caliper piston out which makes it drag which makes it hotter so you get a positive feedback loop, until lock. Or as the pad wears the pistons retract too far because more fluid cant be pulled into the system because of the vacuum. Thats why the caps of reservoirs have those funky rubber inserts to expand and contract with the system.
Hmm. I wonder if I can come up with enough of a loop or extra space or something else. I could go 3X, 5x or 10x on length maybe. I'm mainly trying to avoid hanging a huge reservoir somewhere on the frame. One option I considered is hanging the reservoir somewhere under the seat where it's visible, but not in such a profound space. Having the M/C is a lot of visual clutter, since it seems like most vintage choppers run a drum.

This is the other setup I was referring to. I could always go with a more fashionable reservoir, and one that’s smaller.

Attachments

• IMG_1706.JPG
    IMG_1706.JPG
    287.3 KB · Views: 191

What about a cable actuated Master cylinder? then you would have more options for placement.

or how about a Master cylinder with an incorporated reservoir?, you could probably repurpose what you have into something like this. and mount it low on your frame to clean the "triangle" thing up.

https://www.performancemachine.com/motorcycle-hand-and-foot-controls/rear-master-cylinders.aspx

Back
Top Bottom