BUILD OFF!!!! LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A WINNER!

Re: BUILD OFF!!!! A THIRD ENTRY HAS SURFACED!!!!

diesel450 said:
I think you should set up brackets do this up as challenge matches and the winners move on. sort of a "pinks all out" build off series.

That'd be awesome. You could also have a cafe bobber tracker chopper (or whatever categories) and the best from each group could meet at the end in a bike build-off final four!

That's right folks, it's gonna be a Justin build. Here's the clicker, no one would blame you if you tuned out.

Ha, thanks for the inclusion fellas.

I'm no real innovator but I think a cool idea for the future would be a start a 1.2.3. Innovate thread where the concept is similar to a build-off although a much smaller scale. For instance you have one part in which to make better, more stylish, or just cooler in general and that be the competition. Some real diy innovation could come from that as well as some A+ work being pushed out. Either way, I'm stoked to see this current build off.

my seat 95% done today... It turned out pretty nice. And it's comfy too!
IMG_20101213_151445.jpg

pawn said:
I'm no real innovator but I think a cool idea for the future would be a start a 1.2.3. Innovate thread where the concept is similar to a build-off although a much smaller scale. For instance you have one part in which to make better, more stylish, or just cooler in general and that be the competition. Some real diy innovation could come from that as well as some A+ work being pushed out. Either way, I'm stoked to see this current build off.

this makes me think of something else. What would be cool would be a talent swap section, we all seem to be good at some things and not others (well some are just F'n good at everything) but us mere mortals are better at say paint than welding or fabbing glass or whatever. You could set up a spot where you can trade off parts of the build you are not good at fro parts you are with someone else. Maybe you can do up a custom wire harness for a bike, but suck at painting a tank. So you build a harness for someone and they paint your tank because they are better at it. That might be cool.

just a thought,

Carry on with the competition, I am watching ;D

Swapmeet Louie said:
my seat 95% done today... It turned out pretty nice. And it's comfy too!
IMG_20101213_151445.jpg

You're killin' me man! I still dont even have my frame back! Ha ha ha ha

Looks great chump!

Haha...take that!

No in all honestly, I'm cheesing out and doing all the easy stuff 1st... This bike is a mess!! And the seat has no mounts yet. So it's artficail progress haha

Yeah, but no shit, that looks great! how'd you get the panels to pucker so well?

diesel450 said:
Yeah, but no shit, that looks great! how'd you get the panels to pucker so well?

That vinyl is from a near mint 63' triumph tr6 seat. Some people would probably set me a fire for cutting it up. Maybe thats what made it so fun, haha

all I know is that I was tired off moving out of my way.

My garage is a mess.. So there wont be too much more progress until it gets a little cleaning/ organizing.
Thanks for the compliments fellas

I did piece together what I figure I'm running for filters. It's a combo of the stock XS rubber boots and some Triumph TR6 air filters that I had kicking around.
IMG_20101213_173009.jpg

this pic sucks.. but you'll get the idea
IMG_20101213_173544.jpg

Damn,

I need to get out to the shed. You are getting too much done.

I really like that pancake filter setup you got going on!

Swapmeet Louie said:
That vinyl is from a near mint 63' triumph tr6 seat. Some people would probably set me a fire for cutting it up. Maybe thats what made it so fun, haha

You're just a rattlecan of flat-black paint away from Noel's vote.

Thanks guys.. These filters should be fun to work with. they are essentially 3 pieces each. The backs make great spots for pin-stripes, or any other little detail. They also look very aggressive in person.

And they have holes in them... And we all know how I like holes (If I had a nickel for every time I heard,"Why would you drill holes in that....??) BECAUSE IT LOOKS FUCKING BAD-ASS

If I can get my shop clean enough I'll role it out side and take some better picks of the whole skoot.

And Justin, I think you should stay out of your shed. It's too cold. And I wanna win.... haha

Fix, your probably right... fortunately, I am master of the "run in a zig-zag motion" get-a-way....

Tom,

What do you suppose the range will be with a tank that small?

Back
Top Bottom