BUILD OFF!!!! LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A WINNER!

Re: BUILD OFF!!!! A THIRD ENTRY HAS SURFACED!!!!

ya know i would say around 75 miles with a 360 motor... that is not too bad, that is my guess

Well while you tards were calculating how many bars are in your bikes reach, I Actually did some thing...

haaa

All douche'ness aside, I did, I,did do something..
Got all the tabs to mount the seat welded in. Also cut out( stamped steal) and welded a brace for the rear shock shizzle. And almost finished d-tabbing the frame:

IMG_20101214_122738.jpg

Somebody on the "brat-style chop ka bob" thread suggested that I "kong" the frame to get ride of the triple back-bone. So, I kinda couldnt resist. The frame isnt done yet. Still have plenty of reinforcing to do. But it gave me tons more tank options.
Anyway, I put this tank one there, I think it's a sr500 tank...? And I'm digging it. I've got another pair of bars that I'm dieing to try. Just cant find them...

But I'm digging the tank... Dare I say more "Brat".
I need better light for pics damn it!
IMG_20101214_171100.jpg

Knock it the fuck off! Again, I still havent even gotten my frame, asshole! Hahahaha

I gonna try and single handedly bring back uncool by running a front fender...

I think... haha
IMG_20101216_152158.jpg

IMG_20101216_152317.jpg

Uh, and header wrap...Cause I'm dumb

are you gonna kong the frame????!!!! when i was in college the actual "KONG" walked me though how to a CB750! i loved that bike, he was a great guy and is really missed... he was truely ahead of his time in fabrications to CB's just awesome and super willing to help out! if you need help let me know i have done it! (my buddy did all the welding as i am not a "welder" but i tacked it all up for him to finish) i love the seat... and i 100% support a front fender someting that is tight and wraps around i think would look cool! maybe a HD dyna front fender but they are everywhere for cheap! i am sure i have one or two laying around

those cb175 bars on there now? The seat material is awesome. Nice redneck photo shoot too, it really speaks redneck!

Hey Joe,
As far as the "konging" goes, I am only doing enough to ditch the 2 lower back bones(for tank fitment). I am not changing the saddle height @ all. I am only 5' 8", and this bike is already too small. And I think I like the fender I have..? I need to strip the flat black off of it and see what the chromes is like under it though... My rear fender is in pretty shitty shape. So I'd prefer that they kinda match (both shitty, haha). This bike is not going to really have show style bling. I believe the only new parts I'm going to use in the build will be, battery, chain, grips and plugs. I'm going to run a front fender simply because I want this bike to be a real everyday all weather rider. And I think it takes it back a bit visually... ya know?

Pawn,
Thanks for the compliments! The bars are stock 66' yamaha YL1 bars.

Still playing with parts to see whats gonna stay or go...

Little switchy-poo! haha
IMG_20101216_222538.jpg

IMG_20101216_222833.jpg

those are the bars that get my vote! use a 7/8 internal throttle from a mini bike!

Yeah, I have to agree with Joe here, if you used an internal throttle, you could rig up the front brake to use a long cable and run it in line with the back brake foot lever. That should be easy to do and even set it up to have the front recieve a higher % of the pull for proper braking. If you did that, you could eliminate all controls from the bars and give it a real clean look up there!

just what i was thinking, then cut off the ends of the bars about 1 - 2 inches to keep it high and tight

I already have an internal throttle that I planned on using. Just hadn't installed it yet. didnt want to notch all my bars for it until I found the set. I actually have a little different plan for my front brake. But, I'm not letting the cat out of the bag yet. Thanks for the feed back fellas! really appreciated.

And Joe, those bars are omly 20" wide! there as tight as there gonna get.

Back
Top Bottom