JULY 2012 - MID OHIO AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Whoever's planning on going post up here, and if you're not planning on going, start planning on going ;)

Already a full on Mods / Rockers showdown planned for the event with the Pride of Cleveland Scooter shop bringing a contingent of the small wheeled buzzy little contraptions out to play ;) So we need to amass an army and let our presence be heard and felt.

Going to work towards DTT having an official presence at the show, but either way, there will be opportunities to show off your cafe racer creations and enjoy a great weekend. Swap meet, racing, scooters to knock over! What could be more fun (I'm assuming there will be beer of course).

http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/events/AMAVintageMotorcycleDays.aspx

Me and a few friends go down almost every year the place rocks ! Planning on being there Sat and Sun this year with the hope will have the bike done . Either way will be there even if im the poor soul walkin ! Would be cool to get a group together and kick back a few ! As for scooters there like clowns " Odd looking and scare me !

Oh, yea there's beer.... I been going for probably the past 6 years and its great and gets better every year. Were camped out in the swap meet area Row GG22 and the sport around there. I will have my 2 CB350F's there, might bring the XS again, and we have some pretty other interesting 2 wheeled contraptions we all bring. Stop by and say hey, and have a beer!! - Luke

Attachments

• three bikes-2.jpg
    three bikes-2.jpg
    910.7 KB · Views: 249
You know Mid Ohio has never been a real big Raw, Raw Party atmosphere, but it seems to get a little better every year. It gets a little quiet around midnight (at least in the swap meet area where we camp out) but the speed cult guys have been there kicking up the party vibe near us the past few years.

It's more like a motorcycle nerd's gathering. Not that that is a bad thing because I'm one of them, but someone expecting a big crazy party at night will be disappointed. This year it's my goal to feet out away from the stuff I'm trying to sell at our swap meet spot, and take in more of the stuff going on all day. We will see how that works out, usually the beer tells me different....

Sounds like perfect stomping grounds for 99% of DTT members :) We're mostly motorcycle nerds.

Yea following weekend can get nuts but Vintage is more hang out at a camp site and just chill ..With a beer or two

Sounds like a load of fun, wish I could... but im afraid barber is closer for me so I have to prioritize :/ still tho, id love to attend both..

Riding down the Friday morning with a couple of Ontario cvmg members :) planning on riding back Monday...

Been going on and off for years- I am 50 min away ;D

It is a well rounded event- on-road, off-road, trials, swap (this can consume an entire day if you look at every booth), vendors, marque and other group gatherings. Keep in mind there is pretty much nothing but farm land outside the gates- i.e. bring what you need. It is a decent drive to find restaurants and the like.

Last year they had a tiny 'cafe' group . . . should be better this year. I plan to trailer up a few.

Can't say enough about what a great time we had at Mid-Ohio last July!! For us, (Kawasaki Freeks) it was especially fun because Kawasaki was the title sponsor. There were dozens of classic Kawi's to oggle/drool over. :eek:

With the Cafe/Scoot theme, I'm sure this year will be a blast! I don't think I'll be able to be there, as we're concentrating our efforts on Barber. :-\

If you go to Mid-Ohio, I'm positive you'll not regret it! 8) 8)

I will be in attendance this year. I am not sure who all is coming with me or where we are going to stay, but I'll be there.

Shaping up to be a good one. Wear your DTT colors so we all find each other. We'll also plan on having at least one official scheduled 'get together' while there.

Time to buy a DTT shirt lol Either that or we all wear hats with flags on them like a dune buggy lol

Can you bring the Nun in your pic ? Have a few things i want to confess to her ....

I will be riding one or two days (unless it rains like it did two years ago then I will drive).

Excellent stuff! I'll have a bunch of DTT patches there too for anyone who needs them, or you can snag one from Dime City Cycles - they have the large 10" jacket patches too.

Just got my time off requested granted for this! I have been going to mi-ohio since I was a little kid (dad raced SCCA). I have been working medical/safety for the past 5 years. Each year I have watched it grow more and more.

I can't wait to be apart of this with a actual vintage bike for the first time.

I will party hard and have a damn good time! Hope to bring a motorhome up to stay in or just stay with my local (lexington/mansfield) friends.

Hope to see you all up there.

Hit me up for a beer or 20!

Brooks Church
614-579-4034

We have a booth every year(booth U2 on the corner) and camp out at our booth. Would not miss it for nothing. I'll be there trying to sell some stuff,BBQ'ing somthing, and drinking Genesee Cream Ale. I can't wait! I'll see you there I hope. ;D

Back
Top Bottom