The Mondo Gallery...DTT in Perspective

locOleoN

Is that the best you got? OK.. now my TURN...
3029531544_4daf23e718.jpg

3029531224_b658d9d2f3.jpg

3030451398_e8ce378a5c.jpg

3030247110_8b3c9ed0bd.jpg

;D

Re: The Mondo Gallery...DTT in Prespective

Well lets see some larger versions at least! They look great - would love the details on how they were taken.

Thanks Noel - never thought I'd be a gallery owner here! :)

It's all about a fast lens and setting a high ISO when you're night shooting without a tripod. City streets and parking lots usually have enough ambient light.

I used a 20mm prime lens wide open at f2.8 at a shutter speed of 1/25 sec. ISO was 800. Since high ISOs yield some nasty colour noise, I used noise reduction software - in my case, Noise Ninja - to smooth the shot out. Had to re-sharpen in photoshop, since noise reduction usually softens an image.

Last step is to approximate the look of fast film by adding grain and simulating a Cross-Process look by shifting the reds and oranges to green.

Here are larger sizes:

3029531544_4daf23e718_b.jpg

3029531224_b658d9d2f3_b.jpg

3030247110_8b3c9ed0bd_b.jpg

3030451398_e8ce378a5c_b.jpg

The DTT Toronto needed someone to document what's going on here. Mondo is doing a great job....we just need more.

Represto said:
The DTT Toronto needed someone to document what's going on here. Mondo is doing a great job....we just need more.

Thanks, man! I'm making sure I bring my camera with me whenever I get together with the DTTers.

2889947139_aca95cfb9c_b.jpg

ahh...lol..
one of my personal favourates is this piece entitled:

Super Vinnie...The Conqurer of the Thursday Night Germlins

vinniethesaviour.jpg

Great pics Mondo, cant wait till next spring to have some fun with the DTT riders.

Cheers

Cheers!

I should have more pics up on my http://gallery.me.com/mondolulu#100234 galley soon. Noel, feel free to post anything new you find there, Mr. Curator!

k.jpg

as seen on tv:

[youtube=425,350]Ju9caIDWQ40[/youtube]

Oh thank god... no pictures of my ugly mug/bike.

Back to hiding....

oh... but there are photos druro... there are...................... :- :D

i'll txt you when i'm in london!!!!!!! post some phots!

man i should ride out there for a long weekend to meet and ride with all you guys.

Awesome pics mondo. I also checked out your Flickr site, amazing shots. You are very talented. I really like the look and mood of your pictures. Love the one with the girl on the cell phone behind the caff.

locO leoN said:
k.jpg

as seen on tv:

[youtube=425,350]Ju9caIDWQ40[/youtube]

Oh man, the bike is for Rocking music, not for a cheese country...
As if that woman rides that bike eh?

mondo said:
Thanks Noel - never thought I'd be a gallery owner here! :)

It's all about a fast lens and setting a high ISO when you're night shooting without a tripod. City streets and parking lots usually have enough ambient light.

I used a 20mm prime lens wide open at f2.8 at a shutter speed of 1/25 sec. ISO was 800. Since high ISOs yield some nasty colour noise, I used noise reduction software - in my case, Noise Ninja - to smooth the shot out. Had to re-sharpen in photoshop, since noise reduction usually softens an image.

Last step is to approximate the look of fast film by adding grain and simulating a Cross-Process look by shifting the reds and oranges to green.

Hey Mondo, can I use the last photo on my facebook? I'll cut that chick off of the photo though...

Here are larger sizes:

3029531544_4daf23e718_b.jpg

3029531224_b658d9d2f3_b.jpg

3030247110_8b3c9ed0bd_b.jpg

3030451398_e8ce378a5c_b.jpg

Feel free to do the facebook thing...and crop out the chick.

Oh, and I want to do a "Fighter Pilot" style photoshoot sometime. Here's something I did with my pal Jeff and his loud-pipe Vespa:

2608755811_bd0f06356e_b.jpg

All we need is a cloudy day sunset and wet pavement and it'll be suh-weet!

Back
Top Bottom