Norton / Harley Ironhead Cafe Project.. Build thread

Really nice "Classic" look. That front pipe is quite a shape. Front fender looks like it's designed to match a much larger diameter front tire though.

teazer said:
Really nice "Classic" look. That front pipe is quite a shape. Front fender looks like it's designed to match a much larger diameter front tire though.

Not mounted so the clocking makes it look weird, but you are right, probably for a 1" larger wheel.

Sucks that all your old build pics are dropping off the thread.

teazer said:

Ad said its made to fit an 18 or 19 inch tyre, once its cut down and mounted should be ok.

Looks great! I would have probably just left the welds unsanded and polished right over them.

Is your chain a bit tight?

Bevelheadmhr said:
yes 18 front and rear

I suppose the seller of the fender could have said it fits 16", 17", 18", 19". But it will only look right on a 19" due to it's corresponding radius. Cropping it will certainly help the wide end look.

o1marc said:
I suppose the seller of the fender could have said it fits 16", 17", 18", 19". But it will only look right on a 19" due to it's corresponding radius. Cropping it will certainly help the wide end look.

LOL, if only ads read so well. ;)

Spotted this at an auction in Buffalo in 2009. Guy who bought it offered the motor to me for $600.

5573_143385542673_176882_n.jpg

Cricky, he's got two featherbeds! It just occurred to me that would be a good title for a magazine article, "Ironhead in a Featherbed" sub. "Opposites Do Attract"
Cheers, 50gary

^ I was at that auction too!!! I was only 23yrs old at the time and broke as a joke but I NEEDED to see the inventory. I bid on some parts lots but there were just too many people with deeper pockets than me.

Waiting on having the brake and clutch lines made, should be ready end of the week, so until then just been playing around with a couple of ideas. I wasn't happy with one area of the bike, so I took my trusty hacksaw and file and made this simple bracket, from a scrap piece of angled alloy plate. Spent an afternoon cutting, filing and measuring till it fit ok. But it didn't really look right, even if it was polished or painted or whatever, so I went off to drink tea and work on a MK2 version...

Attachments

• HT0001 009.JPG
    HT0001 009.JPG
    238.2 KB · Views: 261
I made a few test templates from cardboard until I came up with something that looked right, and with the brackets added this morning by Geoff the welder, just needs a little finishing and its done.. a 'Tiara' for the bike, to make the bright orange battery a little less obvious, and finish off the under seat area..

Attachments

• Ironhead162 003.JPG
    Ironhead162 003.JPG
    190.4 KB · Views: 265
  • Ironhead162 007.JPG
    Ironhead162 007.JPG
    211.3 KB · Views: 891
Back
Top Bottom