Anybody share in my other hobby?

Some.Cant quite get into the costume thing,but the few times Ive gone I enjoyed the company and competition.Do u?bj

Marlin 30-30 w/ 9x scope, Winchester Model 1100 12 gauge pump, .22 cal Romanian training rifle from 1979 w/ 12x scope, Q.F.I. .25 semi (pocket gun), Wife's Ruger GP100 .357 Mag, couple of .38 Specials my Dad had before he passed, and my favorite, and my most bad ass car/glove box gun, Springfield XD .45 5" Tactical with 13rd. clips. Yeah, that's how I roll. There's a gun in every room of my house, even the kitchen.

I have 2 pistols.

Kimber Custom II stainless .45 and a Ruger Mark III 22LR.

I will be picking up a Glock 17 as well soon.

I'm in Canada so we're only allowed to bring em to the range and shoot. So much fun though.

I had a close encounter with three moose once caring my drilling on page 2. As you can guess, 12 ga bird shot wouldn't be very effective on a moose in rut and one .3006 round better be very well placed if charged. I considered from then on purchasing and carrying a .45 or similar in the event I come across unwanted moose, wolves, bear, large wild cats, etc...

No, I don't do the cowboy shoots, I haven't the hardware but it looks like fun.

Yup, I took my M40A1 deer hunting this morning. I have "almost enough" guns. 8)

Was that really you? I've seen that video out now for years. Idots used to say it was Taliban soldiers getting sniped in the 'Ghan. Duh, no!

Here is my most recent "project". It really wasn't a project until I finaly brought it home and felt how crappy the trigger is and saw the front side blade was canted over to the left. Pretty jacked up to find on a new pistol. She still is a pretty shooter though. Just need to smooth a couple things out.

IMAG0563.jpg

IMAG0564.jpg

Sorry about the crappy cell phone pics.

Yeah, sorta. I do a fair bit of black powder muzzleloader.

On the racks in the attic are a couple of 17th century matchlocks, one 16th century serpentine lock, a late 17th century doglock, a transitional Long to Short Land Pattern Brown Bess, and a Charleville. All replicas, of course. One original: a Trap Door Springfield, Model 1873 with some Model 1883 parts on it.

I'm an ex-reenactor, doing anything from War of the Roses thru Rev War, primarily English Civil War. Made my living sutlering the period during the '90's.

Wow ............................you should try living in these Septic Isles.

After a couple of rampages by non licence holding loonies, it became almost impossible to own firearms for sporting purposes here in the UK.

I owned many weapons before the law tightened up - including a Navy Issue Luger. Quite a few WW2 pieces including several M1 carbines - one of which I converted to fully automatic [ illegal here ]. I also had a Lee Enfield 303 Jungle Carbine - which was the British equivalent of the M1. I owned a Bren for a while, but the laws made it impossible.

Eventually in 1988 it was almost impossible to comply with the new tighter regulations, so I gave up my certificate.

However, I'm looking to start all over at my second home in Saxony !!!

03rangerxlt said:
My Remington 700 PSS in AICS (for the zombies way out there):
DSC02049.jpg

These are just a couple of my favorites. What do you guys tote?

wow man that is a massive gun. I bet the neighbors get nervous when you take that thing out to go shooting huh?

I have an absolute cannon of a turkey gun (Mossberg 835) and a muzzle loader (NEF). I gave up my Tradidtions .50cal "hunting" black powder pistol (terrible product!), .40 cal CC handgun and my Ruger Blackhawk years ago. I just didn't see the need for them. Flame on. Hunting's the hobby/pastime, the guns are not.
No pics of past guns. Never was much of a picture taking dude back then.

103-0352_IMG_2.jpg

Back bored and no fun to shoot. Pattern the bitch every year (never changes) and forget about it. Not a gun to go to the range with. Weighs a ton. Packs a wallop!

103-0354_IMG.jpg

103-0355_IMG.jpg

Hand cannon. Looks neat, eh? I never knew where the slug was going. POS Sold it at a freakin' yard sale to some redneck! Ha!

deerseason.jpg

New England Firearms (H&R) .50 cal muzzle loader. Cheap and unbelievably accurate! Shoots like a rimfire, cuts holes at 100 yds which is as far as you'll shoot in So. Indiana.

11255_197381087911_553207911_3073989_6867180_n.jpg

Me "enjoying" my hobby last December, late deer season.

rocketracer said:
wow man that is a massive gun. I bet the neighbors get nervous when you take that thing out to go shooting huh?

HAHAHA Nah, the neighbors don't get to see that one. I carry it in a case that folds out to a shooting mat.
I have come home from training at work though with a patrol car full of crap, and gotten a bunch of looks from the neighbors. I have had to come in with a rifle slung across my chest in a 3 point sling

DSC02026.jpg

DSC02033.jpg

Santa brought my 1st pistol. Taurus 1911 AR. Came with aluminum frame, laser sight, range bag, and extra clips. I will be putting some rounds down range this weekend.

364294256_photobucket_39783_.jpg

No pictures of my guns, but I have a couple. I have a Remington pump action .22 that my father gave me. Which in turn his dad gave to him. I am not sure of it's exact age, but is pretty dead on accurate, and really good shape. Then I have 8" bull barrel Ruger MKII, and a Ruger .357 black hawk with 2 oz trigger and scope.

I am currently in the market for a Colt 1911 or a Springfield 1911. Watching the auctions, local gun shops for that one good deal to come up. I would like to get a zombie killer, but there are no ranges in a 100 miles that I can practice or play with it. And I can't justify a gun purchase just to sit in the corner of the house incase some one breaks in, or some one eats tainted chicken and starts zombie out break.

Back
Top Bottom