'86 Interceptor 2 smoke project

Me thinks he DT used a skinny pipe and further back they used mufflers with little expansion chamber design at all... I mean you could crate it up and send it off to Jemco to have a custom chunk welded up with spot on design performance, but to quote a sheep herder r.e. the RD pipe "that L do pig" or at least until you decide to ride it the TT next year :eek:

dt250BobberLarge.jpg

Photo not intended to derail the topic, only to show a pipe on a yamaha motor.

The exhaust on this thing is super hard to do because the engine sits so high in the frame. I had something that could have worked, but opted to slice and dice it. It`s not a complete loss, but I made something else up, and I need to weld one more thing and then ride and try it. It could totally flop, or it might actually tame the beast a little for the road. I will spare the pics until I know either way. ::)

interceptor said:
I will spare the pics until I know either way. :)

What???? Spare the pix??? Jk. I can't belive that no one makes a bolt on exhaust for this specific application. Time to write DCC a nasty letter conveying your dissatisfaction in their product selection =)

Dangit, I forgot to take a pic but I got the exhaust done, chain properly adjusted and front brakes working properly. Tomorrow I will go out and see how it feels pulling thru the gears. Woot woot!

interceptor said:
Dangit, I forgot to take a pic but I got the exhaust done, chain properly adjusted and front brakes working properly. Tomorrow I will go out and see how it feels pulling thru the gears. Woot woot!

There's a GoPro within 500' of every home in the US round up some kid to video this thing!!

I even saw little HD action cams for kids at target the other day. Ha.

I love this bike and want some riding footage.

Ok, are you happy now? :p No test ride yet today with the new exhaust, but I will record it when I do, and then post it here. Please remember, this exhaust is just to get it on the road. It is from a GT550, BTW.
CAM01360_zpsw8pyltzl.jpg

CAM01359_zpsyzu42y1x.jpg

Baffle is stuck in there. I want to ride it and heat it up enough to see if it will come out then take the wrap off and reinstall.
And I think your right about the mid to upper. My GT380 took off in the mid range, but not so much in the beginning. And thats fine with me.

jimmer said:
http://www.circlefexhaust.com/ I bet the 360 flatrack pipe would do 'ya.
Or put that RD chamber on it for cripes sake! :] Why do you say it was a failure?

Power was gone-accelerated erratically and pulled funky (If that makes sense). When I had the reconfigured stock pipe on there, it pulled pretty good. I have the pipe still and will see if I can do something with it. Sorry Jimmer, I'm not spending my money on something that, in my mind, is not going to work, just for the sake of putting something on there. I appreciate the offer, but I just can't do it. Thank you anyways ;)
And, this bike is super uncomfortable. I think I may end up putting some rear sets on and lower bars. My hips locked up 3 times while on a short little jaunt. Geez.

Nothing to report. Haven't even looked at it for months. After the front left fork started leaking, I got upset and just dropped it. May look into finishing it here soon. I would like something to tool around on since I've sold all my bikes. I'll get the urge here sooner or later.

I hope this thing is still getting worked on! haven't seen you around here in a while Interceptor??

Back
Top Bottom