R.I.P??

Anyone care to offer a simple definition of "streetfighter"? Does it have to have been a newish, previously fairing-ed sportbike?

I know it may be simple to other readers here... but I have never really seen a good definition. I HAVE seen some awful looking bikes termed "streetfighter" though... hideous (at least to me).

Few examples...

Attachments

• kawasaki_zx6r_streetfighter.jpg
    kawasaki_zx6r_streetfighter.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 632
  • rx_streetfighter1.jpg
    rx_streetfighter1.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 601
  • pink.jpg
    pink.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 608
xb33bsa said:
many were built for show not go what did you expect ?

I don't have any particular expectation.

I'm simply basing the question on the lack of activity in the "Streetfighter" section of 'The Collections'. There has been little or no activity there in over a year. :p

My KZ-ZXR has been classed as a streetfighter simply because it isn't stock, a cafe racer, a bobber, a chopper, a special or 4 wheeled. ;) It's really a mish-mash of several styles but that's really not my point. I'm not trying to raise the old debate about, "What is a Streetfighter?"

Whatever your vision of a streetfighter might be, is the concept dead? Have people lost interest? It sure appears so to me! :p

Okay here is the definition I have found.

A streetfighter is a sport bike that is customized by removing the fairing, and making other changes that result in an overall more aggressive look. Beyond simply removing fairings, specific changes that exemplify the streetfighter look are a pair of large, round headlights, tall, upright handlebars such as those on a motocross bike, and short, loud, lightweight mufflers. Streetfighters is also the name of a UK motorcycle magazine.

Later streetfighters used custom-built frames intended to overcome the weakness of the tubular steel frames of the early 4-cylinder superbikes of the 1970s and '80s. Many of these frames turned out to be "beautifully crafted pieces of metallurgical art," perhaps only unintentionally. Many were also originally racing machines.

Made popular by European riders, this type of custom motorcycle gained popularity all over the world, and motorcycle manufacturers began responding in the late 1990s by adopting the terminology and producing factory built streetfighters, beginning with the 1994 Triumph Speed Triple and the 1999 Honda X11, up through the 2009 Ducati Streetfighter.

CLOWNS
just look at this fucking tattoo colerd clown with his knees hiked up like a girl squatting a piss and zombie arm to boot !!!! :D
RX-Streetfighter-3.jpg

I got this a few weeks back ...been busy fixing it and riding it ....havent been on here much been spending all my time searching out the next bike

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 389
I thought street fighters were just sportbikes that had been crashed .... and all of the plastics broke and fell off. ;D

Ichiban Moto said:
I thought street fighters were just sportbikes that had been crashed .... and all of the plastics broke and fell off. ;D

That's what I thought !

Back
Top Bottom