1972 Honda CL350 Rambler

Picked up my first real bike recently. 1972 Honda CL350 Scrambler (Now referred to as the Rambler). Picked it up for $300. I've restored cars and done plenty of fab and modifying so it shouldn't be much of a learning curve on bikes. I've read some threads and I'm going to copy a bunch of people's stuff, they say imitation is the greatest form of flattery, right? Sorry, Woody.

Plans are:
Euro Bars
New Signals and tail light
Bobbed rear fender
Paint tank and side covers.
Still unsure on the seat but probably modify the stock pan and mold some new foam.
Lower the front a couple inches, same with rear.
Then some little maintenance stuff also.

Here are some pictures of the bike in its stock form.
pqoDlsM.jpg

mHrwLxa.jpg

v4MUdYh.jpg

GArG64j.jpg

2pHIomY.jpg

Nice little mud dobbers nest in the headlight. I don' think this bike has been registered since the mid 80's so it's been in storage for quite a while.
lHUPSZq.jpg

Here's a few pictures of the damper rods in the front forks and springs being shortened. Basically just ran a 7.00mm x 1.00 pitch die down the rod an extra 1.75'' and then cut off about 1.5'', chamfer the rod before putting the spring back on after the spring was shortened 1''. Pretty self explanatory but pictures hopefully help somebody what was stuck in the same predicament that I was in. The only part I had trouble with was figuring out that there are two separate pieces threaded onto the rod, the top fork nut on top and then a little locknut/spring cup thing below that that has some threadlock on it that needs to be broken loose before dropping the whole spring/damper assembly out the bottom of the fork tube.

xhPMMom.jpg

Gotta love Dykem

xeQUDyS.jpg

8q9TvTM.jpg

9G2VhLe.jpg

cL8grnE.jpg

PxGQfEE.jpg

Last but not least, the workspace. Organized Chaos

wClioJk.jpg

Waiting on parts from Dime City Cycles. More updates to come.

Good looking 350.

Cool tank, think I got one just like it around here somewhere's.

Small Update, rebuilt the carbs, stripped the tank and seat pan. Getting the tank ready for primer this week and the seat pan has been primered and is ready for a little modifying and new foam in the near future. Going for the Brown grips, and brown vinyl seat. Looking to do a gray color for the tank and air box side covers.

Here are some pictures

WDKFMAL.jpg

vkDZg54.jpg

k6VU87d.jpg

4Ue7ukV.jpg

CpFhO8L.jpg

agOPDmV.jpg

Neat.. can't wait to see it done. I've got a friend with a nice SL350 barn find I might end up with if he ends up moving and needs to thin out the back log of projects.

Back
Top Bottom