1977 CB750 cafe racer build

Can someone tell me where to find this bike? Looks amazing
473e97e7-0294-6801.jpg

The local bike shop wanted $300 for these tires so I looked online and found them for 225 ship. Went to have them put on today but the motorcycle shop will not install tired not purchased from their store. So I guess I'll have to learn how to put on tires now...

Hell, yeah they will gouge you. Around here, it's $50 a tire if you bring the wheel in and $2 for "disposal fee". Get you three long tire irons. White hand cleaner is the best lube (cheap, too). I hate changing tires. Be glad you're not doing sportbike tires.

Just stopped by, really like the black and white look, will be looking to see where this goes.

The bike you are looking for on your Iphone was the June DoTheTon Bike of the Month http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=37817 The winner gets to appear in the head banner untill the next months winner gets chosen by popular vote. :)

473e97e7-2fe9-06dd.jpg

Used purple power and hand soap to work the tire on. The spray seamed to get into the parts I couldn't get my fingers with the soap. Trying to hand pump the tires but u can't get them to bead. Going to YouTube it and see what I find. Let me know if you know what I'm doing wrong.

So I dropped my bolts to be zinc plated 3 weeks ago Monday. I was told it would be a week but each Tuesday I called they told me it would be the following week. ThisTuesday they told me the bolts would be finished by the end of the week. So I called Thursday to see if I could make the 3 hr drive to come get them and they told me they had not even started. I decided to go and pick them up unfinished. When I get there they told me they could have done them today...

A buddy of mine had his gun Duracoated and said I should look into it. I found a authorized Duracoater about an hour away from where I had tried to have my bolts zinced (norther Virginia). I've done some googling around on the stuff and it appears to be more durable than zinc when it comes to corrosion resistance. Met with the fellow and he is going to use a color named stainless steel. I'm really curious to see how it comes out. This is a pic he sent me tonight of all the bolts laid out.

Duracoat is very very thin. 0.0002"

Should be done in a week or so. I'll post pics as he sends them.

473e97e7-44b0-a01a.jpg

I ordered replacement rear suspension and checked the UPS tracking to see where they were. Website says they have been delivered but I don't see them anywhere. I'm hoping maybe one of my neighbors has my package.

Hey! About the tires. Sorry, not a native speaker, but if you meant that you can't get the tire air tight to pump air into it, you might want to consider this. I saw a video on youtube a while ago, a guy sprayed some kind of flammable aerosol into the tire and lit it. The fire will suck the air inside the tire and create a vacuum which eventually seals the tire.

I'm NOT saying this is the right way or the safe way, just letting you know this can be done. No guarantee if it works or not.. just my 2 cents!

Here's a video I found. You probably don't want to use butane but something less explosive. The video I was thinking of was far less dramatic. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOa46yQtWkI&feature=related

Oh, and you should call UPS and check who the package has been delivered to. Usually they write down the name of the person accepting the package if it's not the receiver marked on the package.

Edit: Here's another good video of changing a motorcycle tire. Hope it helps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_J5_sRRiAk

473e97e7-ece0-8aab.jpg

I've gotten these seal housing all cleaned up to replace the seals

473e97e7-ee01-6603.jpg

Used a large flat head to pry them out.
Pretty easy actually

So I went up to Goodyear and had them bead the tires me. Tipped the mechanic for good measure but they didn't charge me. Then I mocked up the bike.
473e97e7-57de-88ac.jpg

I take my wheels to a local gas station where the air compressor is free. I air up the tire without the valve in place. I guess in order to get the bead to seat, that quick over inflation is what it takes. The beads will pop real loud sometimes. Then, I'll inspect to see if everything looks good before I put the valve back in.

biker_reject said:
I take my wheels to a local gas station where the air compressor is free. I air up the tire without the valve in place. I guess in order to get the bead to seat, that quick over inflation is what it takes. The beads will pop real loud sometimes. Then, I'll inspect to see if everything looks good before I put the valve back in.

That was my next plan if tire shop wouldn't do it. Was worried about rolling up to Sheetz and the tire sounding like I shot a gun.

Replacing seals
473e97e7-0359-8dbf.jpg

Lowes special to tap in the seals
473e97e7-0380-526c.jpg

Also picked up a 2" spacer for lowering.
473e97e7-03a1-ee12.jpg

Back
Top Bottom