1977 GL1000 Double Deuce Hell Ride

The cardboard pattern will be transferred to metal or glass. The hard edges softened and not such flat planes. Then prolly a 2-3" cushion on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The faux tank is huge, so I want to look at a few ways to shave some mass.

10d9a98f6bf9c4a2821e16a27dd9769d.jpg

cda19de52c8fd8dc50d47fa14fd107a1.jpg

Well heck man.. somehow in all my DTT travels I have missed this beast!! The GL is the million mile machine of touring world so be a friend and save a spot for a tow strap, never know when one of us Harley dudes will need a tug.

Love your metal work, kind of mid evil or viking IMO... I do think if you plan to get her? in the wind for big mile runs you might think of a second larger "wind wall" I pushed back for a long time, but now love the shark nose of the Road Glide buffeting and all lol... no chunk of glass is more stable in windy conditions.

The boxer 4 is my favorite motor just not this one... yet?

i hope you have a plan for relocatin g all the crap that used to go in there that is still at my place lol

like the kicker lever the rad tank relay bank fuse panel wiring stuff

cxman said:
i hope you have a plan for relocatin g all the crap that used to go in there that is still at my place lol

like the kicker lever the rad tank relay bank fuse panel wiring stuff
Ha. I'm thinking it all through. Im'a just'a sketchin' fer now. Trying to see how feasible or complicated, or even worthwhile all this is. Even the front fairing isn't a given. As an artist, a teacher and a professor, I know the only way to see how something will look is to make it. You accomplish much more building (even if you don't use everything you build) things, then sitting around thinking about them.

I know y'all are right about the wind wall, too. There will be a CB750 in this garage within the next month that the fairing may end up on.

Role reversal. Fairing and seat pattern to the 750. The Retro Moto seat to the GL. The RM seat just so happens to share lines with the tank.

b6467aacf1b34c5e73a1b86c45630e25.jpg

4673fbecc95bde25d3f3d81cc0c84bca.jpg

Nice looks like it was hammered out for it with the matching lines in the tank? please tell me you didn't make that last night... and what happened to the wind wall, back rest and highway pegs man? Grandpa comments? haha

i like it

make it 4-5 inches longer though and a little wider and i will take 3

cxman said:
i like it

make it 4-5 inches longer though and a little wider and i will take 3
Ha. It really is nice. It's a Retro Moto seat. Joon-yah made it for the 750. It came as part of the trade for that bike.

Working on a few fairing designs. Start with a foam master, coat in Aqua-resin, cast and glass.

9a4d958c6a6de63415647d7c22346be8.jpg

188ee0a8b34985fb0b481e58bed16e2a.jpg

Haha. So true. I couldn't get it away from the shield thing with this one. Fundamentally, a fairing is just that, so taking it away can be a challenge.

Here is a reference:

sr400-custom-5-625x625.jpg

Still evolving...

Take a rasp to the high points, sand. I like the stick on sanding discs. The hold. a curve well so they're as good as a block around contours.
Ready for another coat...

0ba5cba2b8172e538ddea262ce361857.jpg

Back
Top Bottom