Henry Abe Wheel Thread

Tifun

Indy
Recently I picked up a CB550 with a set of Henry Abe wheels. Currently I am in the process of deciding what to do with them. My options are sell them, refinish them, or rock them the way they are. So with that being said I am looking for some motivation to keep them as they are a bit on the rare side. The purpose of this thread is to gather as many known photos of bikes with HA Industry wheels in all finishes and sizes.

Here's my bike with said wheels...

Front:
7877302580_93d8b1b10d_z.jpg

Rear:
7877302126_c90af1395a_z.jpg

Logo:
7884602868_0759afa909_z.jpg

Most recently...
bba4d220f53d11e180ff22000a1e8889_7.jpg

Here's pics I was able to find via Google image searches. I would love to see how other have incorporated these wheels into their builds :)

3004_muscle_machine.jpg

076.jpg

That's all I could find that were worth looking at. There was a red bike I spotted the other day on here with gold HA's but I can't seem to find any pics. Please feel free to contribute, I did a mini search and didn't see any threads based around this topic.

Thanks,
Keith

Aftermarket mag wheels are always cool on a bike.
You should not need to be convinced of that on the internet.

I bet you get a nice chunk of $ for them and put that money into the bike and pass them on to someone that has been looking for a set

You're right, I could sell them... However I'm trying to make this thread more about the wheels vrs my need for approval lol. With that being said here's a few more pics :-*

2194557020_99035c5651_z.jpg

Numriser0021-15.jpg

191068_409241279125867_726091824_o.jpg

DunstalWeber.jpg

Shelby Dowe are very similar wheels
Im parcial to lesters though

or for the full on baller
f93d6855.jpg

Actual race wheels

or kimtabs are sick too

Keep them unless you desperately need the cash. You'll regret selling them.

The 18 rears are the ones that bring the money
16s are more a chopper thing and generally they dont spend the money

I can agree with that. The 16 rear I have is what's killing it for me. Chopper and drag guys sure do love them though...

BUMP!

Some pretty pics in some of these old threads.

I've gotta say though, whenever there's discussion of alternative wheels? We should be discussing WEIGHTS. When they're off the bike, especially at the blasting/powder phase when the bearings and spacers etc are all taken out, that's gotta be the best time to weigh up any & all wheels whether OEM or rebuilt OEM wire-spokes with alternative rims, or the same with alternative hubs or a rotor swap etc etc -

We need to be able to QUANTIFY these things, this is what's been missing all along - To be able to differentiate between a question of AESTHETIC changes to the bike, and PERFORMANCE changes in terms of a more lightweight overall wheel, or how that weight is distributed as a heavy HUB area vs a heavy peripheral RIM as is often the case with a cast/mag wheel.

So too, there ought to always be clarification on the WIDTHS of these given diameters, and as to the tire sizes available thanks to the new wheels/rims.

'Cause damn it, there's been soooo much discussion on these forums, and the Four-ums and 'F-orums even, discussion if you wanna call it that, where everybody weighs in on what they think looked cool, what was expensive, where you could get 'em - But nobody ever talks about what these wheels have to offer in real-world-terms.

Just sayin'. Ah, but at the same time there are some very nice PICTURES on these old threads, and that's what I'm diggin' around in these archives for.....

-S.

SoyBoySigh said:
BUMP!

Some pretty pics in some of these old threads.

I've gotta say though, whenever there's discussion of alternative wheels? We should be discussing WEIGHTS. When they're off the bike, especially at the blasting/powder phase when the bearings and spacers etc are all taken out, that's gotta be the best time to weigh up any & all wheels whether OEM or rebuilt OEM wire-spokes with alternative rims, or the same with alternative hubs or a rotor swap etc etc -

We need to be able to QUANTIFY these things, this is what's been missing all along - To be able to differentiate between a question of AESTHETIC changes to the bike, and PERFORMANCE changes in terms of a more lightweight overall wheel, or how that weight is distributed as a heavy HUB area vs a heavy peripheral RIM as is often the case with a cast/mag wheel.

-S.

Okay, I'll start. The Kimtab 19" x 2" weighs 8.2lbs bare, the 18" x 3" weighs 8.4lbs bare

Back
Top Bottom