Hello from MI

dwysywd

Hey all,

My name is Jeff and I am a just joining. I have been lurking for awhile, using tapatalk. I use that most of the time. But figured for the intro and my build, I would start on the site. I really like everything I have seen. I recently left another forum, people were just too hostile about everything. So, I look forward to getting to know this crowd better as I build my cafe bike.

I live in SE Michigan - grew up here, moved away for college, grad school and then work, and about 10 years ago decided I really wanted to raise my kids closer to my parents. We were 12 hours away at the time. So I switched jobs and we moved back to Michigan. I took a few years to build my dream garage, but it is finally done (See below). It is a 24x32 quanset hut with heated floor and spray foam insulation.

I have a long history with this CB I am working on. I purchased it when I turned 18. Putted around on it for a few years. Tried to "restore" the best I could in the "early days" before forums, craigslist and ebay! LOL. And then I sold it when my daughter was born. I had owned it about 11 years at that point. My buddy bought it off me and then promptly rode it home and left it outside for 6 years... and never rode it again. So, I bought it back from him in 2005 and tore it apart...which is the current state of events 14 years later! So, recently I decided after almost 15 years of collecting "parts" for my bike, it was time to do something now that the barn was in working order and I have no more excuses.

I will detail my plans for the bike in my build thread. I am really more of an assembler of parts, as a recent friend pointed out, rather than a "builder" but I am having fun and I have a vision for what I want the bike to do for me. I am setting the goal of getting to the Mid-Ohio vintage days this July 2019. So that is giving me some inspiration. I have been putting off going for the past decade cause I keep saying I want to take the bike. So now I have lots of reasons and no more excuses. My daughter is off to college and my son is almost 16 and interested in helping me wire the bike. He is an electrical genius, he wires their competition robots for the robotics club.

Looking forward to contributing to this forum. My name means Do What You Say You Will Do... which oddly enough I do in the rest of my life, except when it came to this bike build. But now I am on the right path.

Regards,

Jeff

4d530417f013ed8134cf95849410ad4d.jpg
e730c3f0298900efd9bddb0af2e36775.jpg
39e2782954afe40289cc4302b276e208.jpg
9ae7ec08a3d13ef636b9d53c4b25d40a.jpg

Sneak peak of my project
a19506ecc8f042d98ebd0610c7a1f40a.jpg

Welcome to the fold. I was in the thread on that other sight- the guy with the same name from New Baltimore who's now in Georgia.

LoL. Thanks for the reminder. I remember your name. Did you comment on the flag I had hanging in my barn that started that whole frackus? Nbd. Glad to be somewhere that the keyboard Ninja’s don’t strike on the first post. The moderator didn't like my flag. Oh well. I just won't post it here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Jeff! I will definitely be stealing your wooden wheel clamp design. Excited to follow the build

jordandogtown said:
Welcome Jeff! I will definitely be stealing your wooden wheel clamp design. Excited to follow the build
So the stand works great. I think I had about $80 into the build. But I have to take the bike off the stand because sitting on the rack it’s too high. So I purchased another stand to just mount the bike directly to the shelf. That will lower it. I’m happy to share the directions on the table build if I can find them. Give me a few days to see if I can dig up the plans in my email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom