Post a pic of your motorcycle as it sits

The Jimbonaut said:
Mate, me neither - at least not when I bought those Shinko's! I don't wanna throw them under the bus - other people have found they wear much better. Looks wise they fit the bill, but the Heidenau K60 Scout tires look the business too. More $$'s for sure, but you'll get way better mileage out of them as well
I've run several different tires on my dr650, and I've found that that bike wears out rear tires faster than any bike I've owned. Maybe its a torquey thumper thing.... and maybe it's because wheelies are fun haha

Current tire is a Dunlop trailsmart. I got a blemished one for $60 new, but they are regularly a $160 tire. At about 1700-2000 miles it's about clapped. Got 1500 out of a shinko 244 and the trakmaster on pavement, you can almost see the wear every gas stop lol

Ps, pic is about 300 miles ago, bit now there is very little tread left in the middle.
bf9887a898f4350d6e21289e2d5f622e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

pfft, "roundslides"...."flatslides"........ you guys are behind the times. Im running dodecahedron slides. Ya'll will catch up someday.

Slides don't matter. It's all about the jets.

I'm going electronic on mine.

Attachments

• electronic.jpg
    electronic.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 538
"Slides don't matter. It's all about the jets"

you did not just say that !

cxman said:
"Slides don't matter. It's all about the jets"

you did not just say that !

The only slides I need can be seen in the attached pic. :p

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 183
You gotta catch up. I've had electronic jets for a little while on this one.

Attachments

• 20180622_190059~01~01.jpg
    20180622_190059~01~01.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 487
Microsquirt ECU running msextra code. Using mostly GM sensors. Temp sensor is gm but modified by thedubshop for aircooled VWs. Spartan wideband, custom intank pump, respaced gsxr600 ITBs, chevy LS2 coils. Getting the intank pump set up was the hardest part.

Yeah, set it up using tunerstudio and copied the stock advance curve. Got it close around the neighborhood and then went on longer rides using autotune. Now it's pretty good.

Ignition system is part of the Microsquirt system?

And just running with a TPS and tach or are you measuring air flow with a MAP or MAF or something?

I'm running alpha N rught now, ao just TPS and rpm. I do have a MAP sensor hooked up so that I can switch to ITB mode and use MAP at low throttle/cruise and alpha n when vacuum signal drops. With the MS extra code the ECU is controlling the LS coils, they are "smart" coils. It is all triggered by a 36-1 wheel that replaced the advance mechanism.

I honestly don't know. I don't have anything that can measure the draw. It does seem to have plenty of power with the 200w PMA set up.

Back
Top Bottom