91' nighthawk brat/cafe never seen this before

mrwolf said:
geez guys, are you still on my build thread talking about pods? come on. it really is impossible to avoid this topic, why does it have to come up every time..

also, please don't insult me by calling my bike a fashion trend or a trailer queen. have you seen my builds?

this is a place for constructive feedback and input from fellow bikers. pods and pipe wrap, FFS I'm so tired of it.

Well said. Bikes looking very good man.

mrwolf said:
geez guys, are you still on my build thread talking about pods? come on. it really is impossible to avoid this topic, why does it have to come up every time..

also, please don't insult me by calling my bike a fashion trend or a trailer queen. have you seen my builds?

this is a place for constructive feedback and input from fellow bikers. pods and pipe wrap, FFS I'm so tired of it.

Get over yourself. this is a public forum, open to anyone with internet access. You post a picture, we comment. You don't want negative comments, don't post.

The 2 latest posts are "Looks Nice" and Looks Good" ...LOOKS....

I'll get off the pods.

How about, why do people remove fenders? Do they like getting sandblasted by road dirt? Do they like the black dirt stripe on their backs? Oh, wait, the fenders are removed for "LOOKS" . You can't tell me you ride that bike regularly without fenders. The cost in new face shields (you have to have them unless you like grit all over your face) alone will be high as they are sand blasted by road grit. Your cleaning bill for the dirt stripe removal on your back has to be high. I would also worry about a rock through the oil cooler...but that's just me.

A brat build is not for riding regularly. The uncomfortable seats, lack of fenders, and generally poor performance on many builds due to pods and other performance degrading mods really make for an uncomfortable ride.

So if not for riding, then for looks. Yours looks nice, the others have said it, I agree. Don't want to ride it though. I've seen quite a few builds here I would love to ride. Not yours.

You did some really nice stuff. I love the exhaust. Bravo. I want to duplicate it.

Tires look good. No fork brace. Stock or otherwise. a SuperBrace would look good and improve handling. But good handling is for people who ride..No brace indicate handling is not important. At least to me.

So you have a 91 NH750 with less weight, less handling, maybe better engine performance, maybe not.

Yawn...

It looks interesting, isn't really unique, except that is is a bike you don't see converted much, but otherwise uninspiring.

My build is uninspiring too. I pretty much went stock, except for a few little changes. If your not impressed with my build, I am good with it.
BUT, I ride my little uninspired CB360, and I don't get dirt in my face, dirt all over the engine, and it handles about as well as it handled new. It starts, runs and does the things a CB is supposed to do. Boring...but I enjoy RIDING it.

I hope your not offended, but I can't do anything about that.

But you don't like my comments, and this one will be received the same way, so be it. I wish you no ill, I do know you put work and heart into your build, but it doesn;t mean we all have to like it.

mydlyfkryzis said:
Get over yourself. this is a public forum, open to anyone with internet access. You post a picture, we comment. You don't want negative comments, don't post.

The 2 latest posts are "Looks Nice" and Looks Good" ...LOOKS....

I'll get off the pods.

How about, why do people remove fenders? Do they like getting sandblasted by road dirt? Do they like the black dirt stripe on their backs? Oh, wait, the fenders are removed for "LOOKS" . You can't tell me you ride that bike regularly without fenders. The cost in new face shields (you have to have them unless you like grit all over your face) alone will be high as they are sand blasted by road grit. Your cleaning bill for the dirt stripe removal on your back has to be high. I would also worry about a rock through the oil cooler...but that's just me.

A brat build is not for riding regularly. The uncomfortable seats, lack of fenders, and generally poor performance on many builds due to pods and other performance degrading mods really make for an uncomfortable ride.

So if not for riding, then for looks. Yours looks nice, the others have said it, I agree. Don't want to ride it though. I've seen quite a few builds here I would love to ride. Not yours.

You did some really nice stuff. I love the exhaust. Bravo. I want to duplicate it.

Tires look good. No fork brace. Stock or otherwise. a SuperBrace would look good and improve handling. But good handling is for people who ride..No brace indicate handling is not important. At least to me.

So you have a 91 NH750 with less weight, less handling, maybe better engine performance, maybe not.

Yawn...

It looks interesting, isn't really unique, except that is is a bike you don't see converted much, but otherwise uninspiring.

My build is uninspiring too. I pretty much went stock, except for a few little changes. If your not impressed with my build, I am good with it.
BUT, I ride my little uninspired CB360, and I don't get dirt in my face, dirt all over the engine, and it handles about as well as it handled new. It starts, runs and does the things a CB is supposed to do. Boring...but I enjoy RIDING it.

I hope your not offended, but I can't do anything about that.

But you don't like my comments, and this one will be received the same way, so be it. I wish you no ill, I do know you put work and heart into your build, but it doesn;t mean we all have to like it.

Yes this is a public forum and I am familiar with the internet. My issue is, I had mentioned numerous times that pods are not for everyone and the pros and cons of their use have been quote: “beaten to death” yet, you insist on bringing it up time and time again. Ok so you don’t like them, that’s fine with me, but why do you have to post it repeatedly on my build thread?

Pods can be made to work and in my experience I have always gotten them to work perfectly. This takes time and a good understanding of CV carbs. Certainly not everyone can make it work. However, this is something I am willing to do and have always done, so why can’t you leave it at that.

By bringing up fenders I assume you want to start a whole dialogue on that too? I am actually busy with fenders as we speak, like I said in my post the bike is 70% complete. The superbrace is in the mail too, shipping to Hong Kong takes a little longer than the lower 48.

The brace is vital to improve handling, that is true - at least we can agree on something.

You are insulting my build, saying its un-ride able and not unique – Yawn!? It’s not even completed yet, that’s just not cool man.

How can you tell me my bike is not for riding regularly? I ride my bikes every day, why are you so bitter!

Some people like custom bikes and some people are super stockers. These two types of riders should be amicable in their relationships and views of bikes.

Man do I appreciate a clean, stock and unmolested 70’s CB750 - or any bike for that matter and I am sure you do to.

Just don’t preach to me about my ability, mechanical knowledge or the rideability of my bikes.

Am I offended? Certainly not.

Also, I haven’t seen your bike, but I’m sure it’s pretty rad.

Not unrideable, I don't want to ride it

I didn't bring up pods again, someone else did and you are at least using k&n. better than Emgo .

You may get them running well with pods, but I bet the stock air box with a k&n is better. It's what I Have on my 91.

My build is bland and plain. Nothing special. Return to mostly stock. But the build is for me, not anyone else it's posted. Like it, hate it, I don't care. I have owned that bike for 34 years. She's mine. She is how I like her

Brats are generally poor riders. Thin seats, poor ergonomics, fender less. You did keep good tires and the brace is good. Those fat old firestones are crap handlers too.

In most cases, I wouldn't of bothered posting or commenting, as brats don't appeal to me in general. I have 91 nh750, so that is why I looked at all

As an artist, you actually should be glad your art stirred emotion at all. Bad art is bland.

My 91 NH is modded entirely on a different track. I added panniers, extra lights loud horn. I want it for riding long distances. Opposite of you build.

Never the less. Love that exhaust. When I turn some attention back to my NH mods, I will need to copy that.

I will be lucky to maybe do one more build. I like the little twins. No brats or cafes for me though. To old to ride uncomfortably. A stock 125 twin to 20o twin would be fun. 750 to big to be cute.

I do give you credit for the effort, but it still is not my cup of tea. Maybe you do pods well, but most don't.
So from this critic, one thumb down, one up.

Sent from planet Earth using mysterious electronic devices and Tapatalk

mrwolf said:

Mr Wolf. Please try to be less touchy when we go a little off subject on a thread. It happens and since the thread is open for comment, not all the comments will pertain specifically to your bike. It's the way that real conversations wander off topic too.

BTW, a sure fire way to get flamed is to refer to " my builds" rather than bikes. It carries connotations that may not apply, so it's better to avoid the term. :)

update!!

Attachments

• Photo 21-10-13 10 52 51.jpg
    Photo 21-10-13 10 52 51.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 502
I like it. Adding in some sort of dirt guard for the carbs? I'm trying to find a way to keep the crud out of them on my bike at the moment. Might use some sort of mesh or similar like a little "fence" that isn't easily seen. Keep at it, looks great so far!

MotorbikeBruno said:
I like it. Adding in some sort of dirt guard for the carbs? I'm trying to find a way to keep the crud out of them on my bike at the moment. Might use some sort of mesh or similar like a little "fence" that isn't easily seen. Keep at it, looks great so far!

thanks. stacks already have a fine woven mesh in them to keep the crud out.

mrwolf said:
thanks. stacks already have a fine woven mesh in them to keep the crud out.

Yeah, mine do too, I was more worried about the little things (sand particles etc) that will get kicked up from the road. I intend to ride mine as a daily driver, so I'd like it to last. I'll keep looking into things then, thanks for the info! And we need MORE PICS!! She's a beaut!

I bought some per-filters for my carb vel stacks that look promising.
reach out to this outfit. That is where I got mine.
http://www.pjmotorsports.com/velocity-stack-filters.html#Prefilters
Good guy to deal with.

MotorbikeBruno said:
Yeah, mine do too, I was more worried about the little things (sand particles etc) that will get kicked up from the road. I intend to ride mine as a daily driver, so I'd like it to last. I'll keep looking into things then, thanks for the info! And we need MORE PICS!! She's a beaut!
If you intend to ride daily, as opposed to track only, those screens only keep rocks out. The fine sand and dust thrown up will pass that screen like it wasn't there. You get to continuously hone your cylinder walls and valve seats. Race engines are frequently torn down and rebuilt, so it is not as much as an issue for a genuine race bike.

There are argument in the automotive forums about whether a K&N filter filters enough of the fine dust out, never mind about a metal screen. A metal screen fine enough to filter out real abrasives would also block and reduce airflow, the exact opposite of what the velocity stack were put on for in the first place.

While these type of setups really look cool, they are non-functional for daily riding, or even seasonal riding. Unless you don't mind excessive engine wear.

bike lowered with new progressive 12.5' rear shocks. i've been terrible at updating this, but she is almost done and a full update will follow.

Attachments

• Photo 12-10-13 13 39 17.jpg
    Photo 12-10-13 13 39 17.jpg
    823.2 KB · Views: 455
beautiful stacks by steeldragonperformance.

Attachments

• Photo 22-10-13 13 48 17.jpg
    Photo 22-10-13 13 48 17.jpg
    697.4 KB · Views: 380
12.5" progressives mounted..

Attachments

• Photo 4-11-13 22 10 39.jpg
    Photo 4-11-13 22 10 39.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 450
Back
Top Bottom