The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Yes, I thought so. I have re-geared, re-jetted, changed exhaust and CDI, but I am suspicious about the accuracy of the speedo. It did take about 5 minutes to get there and I was lying flat on the tank and though I have no tachometer, I think it was about to blow up. I don't have a smart phone but I will see if my iPad will run the Diablo app.

I still like the idea someone had of sticking a CR 125 or 250 engine in there. I am still pursuing the Zongshen 250 counterbalanced engine. I am checking with California Scooter Co. As I Ali Baba'd some manufacturers in China but had no reply as I don't meet the required number of units.

Could 2b's problems with top end be the CDI rev limiter? Or seems like running lean or needs a bigger main jet?

I will advise of the accurate speed when available. (Before the wet season would be best) Not on a public road, but on a closed course, naturally.

Aces North said:
I am suspicious about the accuracy of the speedo.

My speedo actually runs slow - my speedo indicated 40mph on a local road (the limit there) but when I compared that part of my ride on the Diablo app I was apparently running 46mph.

A better quality instrument is currently the next (and final, honest!) item I plan on swapping out.

Tyre pressures?

Manual says 225kpa front and rear

What are you guys who are running the Michelin M45s running?

15014886943_b85e99bd61_b.jpg

Just in case anyone is interested...
I have just bought a generic 150cc barrel / piston combo and a 150cc head off e-bay. Not fitted yet, but when I measured the valves fitted to the head they are 30.21 and 25.18 which are the same size as quoted by OOracing for their 'big valve head'. As I suspected, the big valve head is just the standard 150cc head with bigger valves than the 125 head because of the extra capacity. All I have to do now, is try to stop riding the bike and spend the time fitting it all...LOL.
Now done 1250Km and the bike is getting better as I ride. Cruises comfortably at 80 - 90Km and with the new 17 tooth front sprocket have seen 108 on the speedo with a slight headwind. Still get out accelerated by mums in their SUV's though.
Looking forward to joining the 150 club.
Chris...ACT

sunbeam61 said:
I have just bought a generic 150cc barrel / piston combo and a 150cc head off e-bay.
Damn, I just bought the ooracing kit yesterday... didn't think the ebay ones fit... is this one cheaper?

Yesterday was a perfect spring day as acecafe and I set out on the southern loop - The Royal, Macquarie Pass, lunch at the Kangaroo Valley pub, and return by Woodhill Mountain and The Royal.

When we stopped at Bald Hill before our final run through The Royal I took a photo of the view:

item.JPG

and a close-up of the odometer:

item.JPG

It turned over to 10000k somewhere along my favourite road, but I was too busy reading the corners to looK!

Crazy

Hi all, firstly would like to say how damn awesome it is to have a community like this, I have been steadily reading though the pages of comments and there are so many cool ideas floating around here! I recently purchased a Skyteam Ace 125, already bought some stuff for it, but wanted an opinion on clip-ons.

There are some the Tarozzi ones that I have seen some of you using and been happy with (http://motociclo.com.au/products/general-service/general-accessories/handlebars/clip-ons/tarozzi-clip-ons-low-rise-78).

There are also ones being sold on OORacing (https://www.ooracing.com/store/index.php?_a=product&product_id=4522) which are considerably cheaper and I think still look great.

I have no idea if quality control or material used are inferior, but if anyone has a say I would be really grateful. Otherwise i'll go with the OORacing ones

Cheers,
Son of a Gun

Saw this on ebay whilst looking for cafe racer parts...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Cafe-racer-full-fairing-/261657012330

Almost looks like a Honda fairing. He has a few fibreglass fairings in his ebay store.Locally made from NSW from the looks of it....

Having never done a valve adjustment before. it took me a while today, I won't say how long. But like everyone else says, will be much quicker next time. I am at 800kms and there was no gap at all, adding to the evidence that the factory seem to ship these with no gap.

Really surprised by how a little turn made a big difference in the gap. It made it a lot easier when I found a square headed screw to hold the top of the adjuster while tightening the lock nut. Before I do it next time I will bend that screw, a third of the way down at 90 degrees, so I can see how much of a turn I am doing.

Kept getting either nothing .04 or .08. Couldn't settle on the the .05. In the end I have firm 0.05 on inlet and slightly looser .05 on exhaust. Can't get 0.06 in to either of them. Measuring by pulling on the rocker so that the gap is maximised.

Am I measuring correctly?
Are the gaps close enough or do they need to both be absolutely bang on?
What difference should I notice in running, performance now that the gaps are right?

Back
Top Bottom