New guy cb750 build

Ranger1

Hi everyone,

So a few months ago i fell in love with cafe racers and absolutely had to have one. So i found a good deal on a 1978 CB750 that currently isnt running but it does turn over and have good compression. I want most of my focus for this build to be on performance but im afraid i am not the brightest in that area. Ive done all kinds of mechanic work on cars, trucks, a KTM 640, Shadow 1100, and CB350, but its all just been repairs not any custom work.

So what i need help with is your recommendations on what should i do to this engine to make it faster? Ive looked through the internet and made an idea list of things like camshaft, porting, boring, and exhaust swap. But i dont know what a good cam is or much about porting. Id like to keep my whole build cost under $1,500 and cheaper is always better but i want it too last.

Any help with this would be great, i couldnt find a thread on here that matched my needs so im sorry if there is one already that i missed.

Thanks in advance,
Ranger

For that kind of budget your best bet is an overbore and a cam. You could have some mild porting done as well. Those three mods won't necessitate additional strengthening work either and should give you a healthy power boost. Any weight you can remove will also make a bIke faster.

Alright thanks. Do you have any suggestions as to what a good camshaft is? Ive looked through different brands and there are wuite alot to choose from so im kinda lost.

Back
Top Bottom