1955 AJS model 20b...before and after

goldy

Coast to Coast
DTT BOTM WINNER
Just I thought I'd share a few before and after shots of my latest horror show. I have rebuilt, rejuvenated and restored dozens of Brit bikes over the years, but this one was the most downright bloody, worn-right-to-hell-out pile of parts I have ever assembled into a motorcycle....$$$$! Currently working out some bugs in the ignition system, but it is officially on the road and seems like it is going to be a real sweetheart of a motorbike!

Attachments

• ajs model 20B project.JPG
    ajs model 20B project.JPG
    731.2 KB · Views: 286
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 303
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 316
Very nice. It is a wonderful thing to see a bike built from a pile of parts into a functioning form.

Thanks Brodie, I'm keeping an eye on your latest project as well!
Little update on the AJS...Turned out my magneto was failing after heating up. Rather than have it rebuilt ($$$$) I opted to fit a distributor with coil ignition...something I had been keeping on hand for years, just waiting for an excuse to make use of it. I've retorqued the heads four times now, the first time I had lost a lot of torque from the head nuts, but the last couple of times I got only very little...must be settled in by now. Getting back to the ignition system; what a difference! The bike runs perfectly now and no more fiddling around with mechanical timing advance! :)

Back
Top Bottom