Project Tesoro: cb360 Brat build

Finnigan

Over 1,000 Posts
I was originally on here to turn my bucket of 360 parts into a cafe but after more research I changed my mind halfway through and decided to do a brat style instead. Progress has been slow as I'm still learning and without the knowledge from some of you I wouldn't have gotten as far as I have. I'll try to say thanks as much as possible and try not to leave out credit where its deserved.

So she's a collection of 74/75 cb360 parts that I've been gathering from all sorts of interesting places (I was amazed where you can find some things around a yuppy city like San Diego) and for the record this bike was never assembled in my possession. So from a bucket of rusted crap in my downtown studio apartment (no garage anymore) I'm putting it together slowly.

As for the name - "Tesoro" is an italian term of endearment that means "little treasure" (loosely translated), I'm not sure of the spelling but thats what my grandparents used to call me when I was a kid growing up

Sorry for some reposting of pictures but some of these were from my old thread that I abandoned after progress slowed to a halt and I decided to redirect the scope of the assembly

Attachments

• IMG_0544.PNG
    IMG_0544.PNG
    594.3 KB · Views: 1,788
  • IMG_0553.jpg
    IMG_0553.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 1,729
  • IMG_0596.jpg
    IMG_0596.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 1,727
  • IMG_0611.jpg
    IMG_0611.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,753
more parts, some before and after

Attachments

• IMG_0669.jpg
    IMG_0669.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,696
  • IMG_0774.jpg
    IMG_0774.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0779.jpg
    IMG_0779.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,756
  • IMG_0982.jpg
    IMG_0982.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,748
more

Attachments

• IMG_1053.jpg
    IMG_1053.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0977.jpg
    IMG_0977.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_0917.jpg
    IMG_0917.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 274
upswept hoop welded on at local metal shop, its almost ready to come home

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 1,711
Really like how its coming together. Did you paint your fork tubes? And how does that affect fitting into the triple trees?

Things are looking good bud. did you replace wheel bearings? they are pretty cheap and pretty easy to do...whilst she is tore down this far.

trek97 said:
Things are looking good bud. did you replace wheel bearings? they are pretty cheap and pretty easy to do...whilst she is tore down this far.

Sure did! had them pressed in when the new rubber was being put on

Update from the welder that has my frame, he just sent me pics of the electrics tray and rear fender supports I asked him to put on. Should be able to pick it up soon once I decide to either have him PC it or paint it myself.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 1,481
  • photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    115 KB · Views: 1,519
Finnigan said:
Thanks, they are flat black powder coated

Hi, Bike is looking good!!!

did you paint the forks or........???? I have a similar problem although not as bad and yours looks like a good option

I will keep an eye on this one

Yup the forks are painted from the point where they are fully compressed and up. Its a flat black wheel paint, tried to put it on thin so the clamps would still slide over them -its snug-

It looks really good and a lot cheaper than new forks or a rechrome thats for sure

I might have to have a look at mine, I just rebuilt them and polished them as best I could but the black might be better,

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom