The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

adktz said:
What are we all using to lift up our Aces for more involved surgery? I have a head lift stand with the right pin size, but cannot find a rear paddock stand that is narrow enough for the Ace. I don't have the crate the bike came in.

Underside of the engine doesn't look too flat either so not sure a lift would work!

Working on a centrestand for an Ace. Got the bits just gotta make it. Been busy with my GPZ900R resto for the last couple of months which has kept me from the Ace. Got previous form on this too- can't buy a centrestand for a ZRX1200R- both of my ZRXes have centrestands I made. :) Hoping to have the only ACE with a centrestand and Ventura rack sooner or later.

What I have done in the past is remove the exhaust- 3 bolts and gearshift on left and use chassis stands under the footpeg brackets.

Great bit of photography here....

Attachments

• NoArm.jpg
    NoArm.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 1,246
5e831cb144e130eba03e4ce36b2113b4.jpg

Smaller block attached to frame goes under front motor mount. Longer goes under flat mounded part behind oil drain. Will balance bike without tie downs but use them if bike left in stand for a long time so as to be safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worst case scenario is use two ratchet straps on back grab rails and hang rear of bike from the rafters

676cdf43f565434350a8f389c1989958.jpg

Even use my lifter in the pits. Leave the bike in it up and strapped down just in case of flooding overnight

Tell you what Orrible, Thats one hell of a secure system you have there.
Good luck on your next runs.
Tad.

I found a old paddock stand which is quite light weight.

Attachments

• IMG_20141101_161951.jpg
    IMG_20141101_161951.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 301
As good a place as any to climb back aboard :)

Jessicas being brought out of Mothballs and is getting all those things done that I intended too but circumstance put to one side plus a few other bits & bobs as well :)

Anyways this is her as she's currently sat in the kitchen on 2 axle stands and a trolley jack (suitably braced with a 18mm spanner to avoid collapse.

Will start a seperate thread on her rebirth

image02.JPG

Re-made instrument brackets and fitted new headlight.

Headlight has been modified to accept Sonreir's LED unit.

Attachments

• headlight etc1.jpg
    headlight etc1.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 251
  • headlight etc2.jpg
    headlight etc2.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 249
  • headlight etc3.jpg
    headlight etc3.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 254
Been a while since anyone posted in here :) lets make this the most useful massive thread there is, no kidding.
Installed a 1/4 throttle, fitted snug into the original throttle switch block with some modifications.
While I was at it, I de-tagges some of the frame. Painted the exposed steel with antirust undercoat. Will eventually strip and get the whole frame powder coated.

Cheers, SteveC.

Attachments

• DSC_0174.JPG
    DSC_0174.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 341
  • DSC_0173.JPG
    DSC_0173.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 294
  • DSC_0171.JPG
    DSC_0171.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 292
The original looked a tad small, so it was off to a random eBay site for a 7". Home made brackets from a strip of aluminium.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Not put anything on here for a bit as it's been crap weather over here in the UK. However, weather has been better this weekend so I went to a local carboot sale this morning and found a nice addition/bolt on Vacuum gauge off a 1960's mini. After a bit off fiddling about with the air flow it is now bolted on and piped up. I know it won't make any difference to the performance at all but it looks in keeping with the era that the Ace is about, plus it works.

Attachments

• DSC_0307.JPG
    DSC_0307.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 309
  • DSC_0305.JPG
    DSC_0305.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 310
Back
Top Bottom