1" dom .095 tubing bending

speed racer 80

Does anyone from experience if I can bend this tubing with a hand hled electrical conduit bender. Im a electrician so I have all sizes readily available. I can see why not since i can bend rigid pipe with these. I ordered the pipe just trying to get some tips before I start. I just would not like to spend 300+ on a bender that I will probably only use several times,.

You might have an extremely tough time bending it as .120 wall dom tubing is some tough stuff. You might end up breaking the conduit bender trying to do it. We bend 1" .120 wall dom tubing all the time and upgraded out JD2 bending to the hydraulic setup because doing it manually was a pain in the butt.

I basically mocked up the back end using emt conduit to get the shape. Its a 8" hoop that is up swept in the rear and right before it hits the fuel tank it has a 2" offset in to meet the frame. Is this something that you guys can handl

Attachments

• bike.JPG
    bike.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 702
Is the hoop 8" on center or 7" on center. We have bending dies that are 3.5" CLR which is 7" on center bends..

That would work for me, but i also need that equal offset done which 4" center and the back with a up sweep. Could you guys do it all in one piece or would I have to slug it. I could draw it up with measurements for you guys if your willing to do it. Also what would something like this run

Back
Top Bottom