(w/ pictures) Questions and Problem with cb350 stator from ebay

burnicarus

Oliver
I bought a stator from ebay for a cb350. I just got it and the plug is square rather than circular. I have a soldering gun so I can just re attach the plug or just take out the plugs entirely and connect them with small connectors. Is this a good idea or what?
2wgd3rs.jpg

Also there is a big gouge taken out of one of the metal plates and the coils behind them on the inside, is there anyway that the guy wasn't lying and this can actually work with a gouge that bad.
5wyp0y.jpg

I think my stator and regulator are bad but if my tail light pops when I start the bike how could my stator be bad?

You can test it with a multimeter (testing procedure is in the manual), but if I were to put a bet on it, I'd say that stator isn't any good.

Im sending it back. I need a new battery for this cb350. what do you think is the necessary amp hours for it. If I took out the starter would it make a big enough difference to run an even smaller battery?

I wouldn't go less than 6Ah and you're probably better with at least 7Ah. The starter is a drain, but the smaller Honda twins are parasitic at idle speeds. You don't start charging the battery until 3000+ RPM. Anything less than that and you're draining it. Higher Ah rating keeps the bike from dying when you're in stop and go traffic.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but if I dont use the starter does it still take anything from the battery? Also given that amp hours and volts are the same will the battery be better (by better I mean not be dead or close to dying at the end of a long trip or many trips) If i got a 6amphour sealed gel battery or a 6ah agm battery?

I want the smallest battery possible while not dealing with those bitchy lithiums. I found a decent 6ah agm battery at a store near me. it also comes in 8ah but bigger

Back
Top Bottom