1/8 throttle and revs increase rapidly--- questions

56cbr600rr

I've been asking many questions lately. Thanks for all the replies.

I'm tuning my carbs and I think i'm getting closer. They are Mikuni vm30's on a cb350-stock. I went from a 175 main jet to a 130 and it seems to run better wide open. it really seems to run really good in the middle too.

However, if i turn the throttle to about 1/8 the rpm's raise to a little over two thousand and then raise to close to 6000 rpm. I've adjusted the position of the needle with no luck; not really thinking it would help anyway. My guess is maybe the pilot/ idle jet is wrong??? I'm not sure whats in there now, but I do have a 55 I can try. Also, I have a P5 needlejet in there now and have a spare P2 I could try.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Does it take a long time for the rpms to come down after revving? If so, maybe an air leak at the boots of the carbs? Maybe a plugged slow jet?

Im assuming you have cleaned the carbs.

they're clean-brand new actually. I'm wondering if the slow/idle jet is too small and it's running lean???

Thanks for the input!

From the sounds of it could easily be a lean condition. Not familiar with those carbs, but if you have a pilot screw try adjusting that to allow more fuel flow on the slow jet. If you don't have a pilot screw try bumping the slow jet up a size or two and see how she responds.
+1 on checking for an air leak too.

Check to cable route to make sure nothing is hanging up and lube them up. think smooth bends, no kinks, unless they're mushwell hillbillies. Opps, I think I just dated myself.

TMonday
J'ville, Fl

Back
Top Bottom