Re: Scott's 1974 CB360 project- She is alive!!

SpottheDogg

Been Around the Block
Hello all, I am only 3 days into ownership of this bike but I have it down to the frame already! I have chopped the tail off, battery box, center stand, side cover tabs and helmet holder have all seen the mini grinder. I have also smoothed some of the visible welds and I'm about to get started on paint prep. I stripped the tank paint already.

I love this forum and will likely be looking for lots of help in the next couple of months, my goal is back on the road April 1!

Here are few pics to start.

IMG_6767.jpg

IMG_6768.jpg

IMG_6771.jpg

IMG_6774.jpg

IMG_6777.jpg

IMG_6779.jpg

Re: My 1974 CB360 project

W00T!!!

I love these 74 CB360's, I really need to start working on mine.

I spent some time yesterday and today smoothing welds and making the sheet metal to "box in" the underside of the seat. This will seal the electrics from the rear wheel cast off and maybe even have a little space left for storage! It will also provide a surface to mount lights and license plate.

I stripped the paint from the tank.

I ordered a smaller gel cell with 8ah and some Tarozzi low rise clip ons.

Oh, and my BELL Classic 500 helmet came today, first 3/4 open face lid since I was about 8 years old.

Your making me feel lazy. The frame looks great cant wait to see the rest. Do you work at a bike shop, seems to be a few of us.

Cool, Tzar looks pretty fast. Nice shop, you look to have all the bases coverd.

Yeah, Tzar was the best dog ever. Sadly he passed away in November, we really miss him a lot :-[

I have been doing lots of little projects but not posting much. I just get my head into the work and forget. I've been cleaning, brushing, painting a bunch of bits and soaking others in vinegar or Evaporust. I sanded and polished/painted the stator cover today, hard to get a good picture but I'm pretty happy with it. There was a good scratch in it that I am not going to try and remove it's not nearly as noticeable in person. Painting the starter, brake strut and front "bobbed" front fender today.

Coming from this:
statorcover.png

P2180016.jpg

P2180015.jpg

never heard of persoue, like anything vintage it's worth whatever someone will pay :-\
Vinegar is great for removing rust and cleaning up nuts & bolts, just don't soak anything for over 24 hours it is an acid after all

Sweet work on the cases!!! Drilling the oil port may cause issues , by starving oil from other places. It is an open debate butt i wouldn't do it if i where you. As far as clip ons you would need a shorter brake cable for sure. The tacho cable i dont know if they make that shorter i have read some guys using one from the smaller cb models.The clutch cable should be fine.

SpottheDogg said:
Questions....

My serial # isn't punched, how do I check if the recall was done?

You have to pull the valve cover off and then pull the tensioner retainer off and then pull the thing out and look. The bike being a 74 would be really good chance it didn't get it if the number isn't punched. There was another recall to do with the rocker shafts. They changed them as well to a different type as well.

First that there is something there and that if it has had the recall done, the ends of the tensioner curl AWAY from the cam chain. The old ones curl TOWARDS it. Pull it out and make sure both ends are there.

This what a replacement one looks like

p1020421u.jpg

Back
Top Bottom