Ride Your Motorcycle to Work Day 2016 Monday, June 20, 2016

I hate that they do this on a Monday.
I drive a tractor/trailer and run back to back overnight routes Monday ~ Thursday. I won't leave my bike unattended at the warehouse for that length of time.
Sooo, assuming the weather holds out when I leave for work at 12:00a Friday June 17th, I'll be observing then ;)

I'm with you Redbird. I will observe on the 17th. Makes it easier for me since it's casual Friday.

I ride whenever I can, not just one day LOL. rode 2 times so far and when the gimp leg gets better I'll be riding much more often

I'll ride as often as I can as well. On Fridays though, due to the aforementioned "out of town" issue ;)
I was just saying I'll observe the National Day on Friday instead.

does there really need to be a day for this? You should ride your bike whenever possible. kinda like the mother's day bullshit, you should treat your mom well all the time not just once a year.

doc_rot said:
does there really need to be a day for this? You should ride your bike whenever possible. kinda like the mother's day bullshit, you should treat your mom well all the time not just once a year.

Words to live by, right there

We shouldn't need International Talk Like A Pirate Day either. Because, who the Hell doesn't enjoy talking like a pirate on any occasion possible?
But it's fun when everyone gets in on Pirate Talk together. Especially those who wouldn't normally think of talking like a pirate on that day.
It also brings Pirate talkers together who might not know there are other Pirate Talkers in the vicinity.
"Ahoy Bob!"
"Shiver me Timbers Frank! You speak Pirate too?!"
"Aye Matey, ever since I was a Lad"

And, probably most importantly, when large groups of people are all talking like Pirates on the same day, it raises awareness of said Pirate Talkers. And when seeing Pirates en masse, people are more likely to notice the Pirate Talkers on other days and in other aspects of their life.

Redbird said:
We shouldn't need International Talk Like A Pirate Day either. Because, who the Hell doesn't enjoy talking like a pirate on any occasion possible?
But it's fun when everyone gets in on Pirate Talk together. Especially those who wouldn't normally think of talking like a pirate on that day.
It also brings Pirate talkers together who might not know there are other Pirate Talkers in the vicinity.
"Ahoy Bob!"
"Shiver me Timbers Frank! You speak Pirate too?!"
"Aye Matey, ever since I was a Lad"

And, probably most importantly, when large groups of people are all talking like Pirates on the same day, it raises awareness of said Pirate Talkers. And when seeing Pirates en masse, people are more likely to notice the Pirate Talkers on other days and in other aspects of their life.

fair enough. is there actually a pirate talkers day?

I'm on summer vacation, so it'll be "I Ride Because I Woke Up This Morning Day 2016." Happy trails.

I work at home.....

So I will celebrate "Sit on my bike for a few minutes making vroom-vroom noises before I start working Day".

end of line

Back
Top Bottom