1974 CB360 Fallin' Ditch Hell Ride

792adb24fc235318b38afa711f0627de.jpg

Faced the stator cover to prep it for etching a personalized design into the face.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

adventurco said:
378??

What's going on the stator cover?

Might as well. I'm reluctant to dump that much money into this thing, but what the hell. Having it ready for Barber just flew out the window.

To be determined on the stator cover. I have some ideas, but nothing finalized.- maybe a logo for my own ventures, something artistic or thoughts of the HM wing, HRC or similar.

deviant said:
To be determined on the stator cover. I have some ideas, but nothing finalized.- maybe a logo for my own ventures, something artistic or thoughts of the HM wing, HRC or similar.

Let me know

The jug on the turd looked pretty bad, a light hone smoothed it right out but left a bit of staining that I'm not worried about

I honed them and it's all really smooth. The only place you feel any depression I circled in the pic, which I think is below the rings. When I tested for compression, I had really good numbers, too. I'll probably just replace all the rubber and gaskets and button it back up and see how it runs. It's not but a few hours work to tear it down again.

Attachments

• 360 jug.jpg
    360 jug.jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 346
Good plan, if you had good compression, give it a go first. worst case you then pull it out and bore it to 378 ;D

meh lots of good jugs around for 360s cuz there are so many of them with crapped out heads and motors

if you are worried about the jugs give me a call i can probably scare you some up

adventurco said:
378??

What's going on the stator cover?

Used pistons, cylinders get bored and honed to fit.
get new rings, (aftermarket work fine, I've been using 1.00mm oversize and gapping them with a gapping tool I bought ? yrs ago (1mm over was cheaper than stock size ;) )
Thjis is the type but I'm pretty sure it was cheaper at Summit racing than eBay?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Piston-Ring-Gapping-Grinder-Ring-File-Tool-Gap-/232014000893?hash=item36051cb2fd:m:mhet18JAxVUqMHYWJWbQ9zg&item=232014000893&vxp=mtr
Bore is the expensive part

crazypj said:

Mr Ridesolo and I are still lucky enough to have a fairly local guy that does a bore / sunnin hone for $35 a hole. super good guy, does a nice job and super fast turn around. He ships too, so if it makes sense to ship to mid ohio, look up mototech usa on facebook and give chris a call.

hurco550 said:
Mr Ridesolo and I are still lucky enough to have a fairly local guy that does a bore / sunnin hone for $35 a hole. super good guy, does a nice job and super fast turn around. He ships too, so if it makes sense to ship to mid ohio, look up mototech usa on facebook and give chris a call.
Thanks, bud. I just got off the phone with him. I do have a local place, but their head price was at the high end on my CB750. I haven't called them about a bore yet.

crazypj said:
Used pistons, cylinders get bored and honed to fit.
get new rings, (aftermarket work fine, I've been using 1.00mm oversize and gapping them with a gapping tool I bought ? yrs ago (1mm over was cheaper than stock size ;) )
Thjis is the type but I'm pretty sure it was cheaper at Summit racing than eBay?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Piston-Ring-Gapping-Grinder-Ring-File-Tool-Gap-/232014000893?hash=item36051cb2fd:m:mhet18JAxVUqMHYWJWbQ9zg&item=232014000893&vxp=mtr

Curious if you can go with another overbore piston, say a 71mm from a CB400 overbore?

Dude. I didn't even know you were doing a thread on the 360. Here all this time I thought you were just slacking off....

Back
Top Bottom