Post a pic of your motorcycle as it sits

Brodie said:
This stupid thing. I put 5lt of fresh fuel in two weeks ago and dragged it out for the first time in 4 years today. Starts first kick...

Bloody Honda.
Ha! What a turd. LOL

First wash since 1999
1976 Honda GL1000 Ltd

e32b259cc64b3d49c29422826d9d3440.jpg

Some love and cash to go in before it is back in road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irk miller said:
Ha! What a turd. LOL
Crusty but trusty. First "big" bike I ever owned. Hell of a step up from my z50.

Going to give it a full going over once I clear out the shed a bit.

Brodie said:
Crusty but trusty. First "big" bike I ever owned. Hell of a step up from my z50.

Going to give it a full going over once I clear out the shed a bit.
I was being sarcastic. I like it how it is. Freshen up, if you must, but it looks like it won't leave you stranded just that way.

Don't worry I know.
Yeah I am tossing up between a full restore or just changing the bearings and such. Either way it is a dirt bike and will get muddy and cruddy.

Still has the owners manual under the seat and all.

Brodie said:
This stupid thing. I put 5lt of fresh fuel in two weeks ago and dragged it out for the first time in 4 years today. Starts first kick...

Bloody Honda.

That is a sweet pipe tho.

Yep. Supposedly a well known local pipe maker in the early 80s. Can't find anything online about "Hanco" exhausts.

Might have to start a thread for this thing.

My newest project a 06' Ducati 800SS which I am making into an F1 Montjuich replica.

Attachments

• Ducati 800SS for Montjuich project.jpg
    Ducati 800SS for Montjuich project.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 191
  • F1 bodywork.jpg
    F1 bodywork.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 183
  • F1 seat tank fender.jpg
    F1 seat tank fender.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 519
HANCO pipes

I want to say that HANCO pipes came from Qld, but something at the back of my mind says they were from Ross Hannah who ran Yosh in Australia and was responsible for putting Croz on some fast Z900/1000s. Back in the day there were quite a few Australian parts manufacturers from pipes to fairings and so on. I used to get a lot of stuff from Bert Kingston in QLD but that was decades ago when I lived in VIC.

Being from Queensland would fit the bill. I have had the bike for the past 14 years and before that I don't know. We bought it from a bloke who bought it to learn on and never did. I think he has it 3 years. All in SEQ. So just another 30 years to account for. Has quite a few km on the Speedo.

Going back together again. Got a built transmission with 1st gear undercut and xs750 3rd and 5th. No more base gasket, new head gasket, an XS1 cam properly timed, and some clean up. Hopefully I'll finish this weekend.

Attachments

• 20190425_152403_HDR.jpg
    20190425_152403_HDR.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 201
Got out for a Show yesterday.
IMG_6042_zpszchz2i9i.jpg

IMG_6039_zpsrdtofjsw.jpg

"The Vacation Bike" walked away with 3rd Place Bike.
(behind an excessively chromed late model HD, and a '65 Shovelhead bobber)

Redbird said:
Got out for a Show yesterday.

"The Vacation Bike" walked away with 3rd Place Bike.
(behind an excessively chromed late model HD, and a '65 Shovelhead bobber)

The 400F is yours?

No. Brothers.
It's the one that travelled to Barbers with me the last three years I went.
Bro didn't make it on vacation... but the bike did... which is where the nickname comes from :)

JustinLonghorn said:
That 76 LTD is a thing of beauty. My favorite color scheme for the first Gen Goldwings.
Thanks Justin
This is my 3rd Ltd
Have other two sitting in storage awaiting to be worked on

cancb550 said:
Thanks Justin
This is my 3rd Ltd
Have other two sitting in storage awaiting to be worked on

An investment in something that will increase in value. I'm planning on a '79 restore just because I see so few of them. I think because Honda and the world knew that the 1980 year was going to have a big change (which it did).

Guess which bike is mine out of these old classics, at the biker bar.

Attachments

• bently.jpg
    bently.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 189
  • bar hopp.jpg
    bar hopp.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 182
Back together, and run up to temp for the 1st time. New idle valve is almost too much so I might mess with restrictorss.

Attachments

• 20190503_171557_HDR.jpg
    20190503_171557_HDR.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 197
Back
Top Bottom