1966 Honda Benly C95 Restoration - putting the puzzle back together...

Re: 1966 Honda Benly C95 Restoration - May 2012 - Break down for paint

Progress!

Got the paint back yesterday - looks great with just a couple parts being re-worked a bit. Put the NOS chrome panels and cap on the tank and couldn't help but snap a couple of pics. Still work to do on the engine as you can see but it's all bolting back together now.

Also in the last 3 weeks Kim went out and upgraded her motorcycle license to get rid of the 49cc scooter restriction she had. She fell in love with riding a motorcycle, but still wants something as push-button dependable as the 2001 Vino she has, so I got her a 2011 Suzuki TU250X to ride.

This white CA95 is looking so pretty it might end up as a living room decoration - at least for a while. No room in the garage, and I think she would be afraid to scratch it.

DSC04986.jpg

DSC04988.jpg

DSC04989.jpg

DSC04992.jpg

DSC04994.jpg

Re: 1966 Honda Benly C95 Restoration - July 2012 - Assembly begins

WOW! this looks BL--DY Awesome!

love that seat to, this bike has a nice bum on it so that seat really shows it off. Hows the riding position with it? hope your not too tall? or like my cafe, not ment for you to ride?

Nice nice nice....

OK, I'm tired of looking at your armpit so either you edit your post or I'm taking your pit off my build thread :D

WOW! That looks fantastic. It looks like the big brother to my little C100 :D

andycafe said:
WOW! this looks BL--DY Awesome!

love that seat to, this bike has a nice bum on it so that seat really shows it off. Hows the riding position with it? hope your not too tall? or like my cafe, not ment for you to ride?

Nice nice nice....

Actually most likely going to put the bench seat on it. Might eventually get a luggage rack for it - seems to be an original accessory and would look good on it in chrome.

See - nice rack :)

2007-0421-0188.jpg

Tim said:
OK, I'm tired of looking at your armpit so either you edit your post or I'm taking your pit off my build thread :D

Haha, not mine lol, gone ;)

stoopid nice! Can't wait to see this thing done!

Any more progress? must have something for us? ;)

andycafe said:
Any more progress? must have something for us? ;)

come on its been a month?

Come on now Tim, you must have something for us ??? stop holding out :eek:

After some work-related pressures taking their toll, I'm back putting things together.

Front end is on, and this evening I bolted much of the electrical back in place. Wiring harness, tail light, rear signals etc. are in place.

Need to sort out my rear shocks a bit, and take the old seat apart, clean and repaint the frame and reupholster with the seat cover I bought a while back. Then it's the front fender, wheels, center stand etc.

So she's coming along! Pics another time.

Just looked at my first post back in March 2009 - should have this one done by the 4 year mark ;)

This shit takes time!

I bought the bike while I was in the middle of finishing my XS650 (a year later the XS was on the road). In there I also bought my SR500!

So I'm juggling the following projects:

BMW R75/6 needs a bunch of tuning - it got new spokes/tires this summer and I haven't ridden it since putting Mikuni VM32's on it along with a bunch of other bits 3 years ago

Bikes2006-8.jpg

XS650 cafe - it runs and has been my daily ride for the last 3 years but I might have blown something in Alabama at 9000 RPM/120 MPH. But she runs :)

KillBoy1.jpg

SR500 - in rolling chassis mode - needs to be finished off. Tank mount, seat, wiring.

DSC04803.jpg

Voodoo Vintage MK4 XS650 - have a frame, freshly spoked wheels with new Avon tires - need to take apart/clean up my old XS650 engine for it and sort out everything else

index.php

CA95 (this bike)

DSC06664.jpg

Oh and yeah, the CA95 and the Voodoo Vintage are both in my home office on the 2nd floor. It's starting to smell in here.

Tim said:
Oh and yeah, the CA95 and the Voodoo Vintage are both in my home office on the 2nd floor. It's starting to smell in here.
hahahaha
i think you have to many tim if you like ill take a few of your hands. we will have to look into shipping to aus though.

Back
Top Bottom