CB360's-from build to blog - 2013, MDS (Mo Dumb Shit)

Re: CB360's - Speak No Evil, See No Evil, Hear No Evil-from build to blog

Top of stem is too long and wrong diameter.
I turned it down and re-threaded it
Should have left it about 1/8" longer as taper bearings have a slightly higher stack height (machined for ball or taper bearings on 360 frame)

Woka, woka, woka ;D
Brendon's latest idea is turning out pretty good.
It's not too easy to make compound curves in metal without the proper equipment so, he started with a WOK ;D
Wokphoto2.jpg

Cut a section off and a bit of beating on the sides
Wokphoto6.jpg

Almost done, everything roughed out quite well
Wokphoto7.jpg

Going to line it up on bike before cutting headlight hole (although that may have something 'interesting' done to it ;) )

nice. i was toying with that idea, but i had not come up with using a wok. from the cut-outs it looks like a pretty good shape. cant wait to see it finished.

I like LOVE the idea....I don't like the steel...do they make aluminum woks?

I've seen them in kitchen supply stores. The lids for the woks are aluminum at least.

It has to be steel, even though aluminium would be lighter
Maybe he'll start a 'stir' (fry) trend? ;D

General Tso's CB360?

With CB360 you get egg roll?

Ugh...I'll stop now....

Couldn't leave things at reply 666 any longer,this is 667, neighbor of the beast ;D
Made a complaint to Magellan yesterday, they wanted me to switch off firewall and anti-virus to use the update software (not going to happen)
Anyway, they re-set everything this morning and e-mailed me to try again
Everything worked great, even got free map update to 2013 map 8) (didn't get update from new, you only get 30 days to download it, READ THE SMALL PRINT ::) )
Not a good day on bike though. :(
Finally got round to painting a few things with HVLP touch up gun, dropped the damn headlight shell which rolled outside into leaves and crap, mudguard reacted in a few places so that's crinkled
Mounting got a piece of dirt from somewhere and I gave up before looking at frame,although that should be single colour

Changed the thread name again, hope it doesn't mess up anyones bookmarks? (if anyone has this bookmarked ;D )
Anyway, mo dumb shit done ;)
I was asked about lighter wheel/axle components, already made some alloy spacers for front and rear, around 12~14oz for back so far
Today, I 'gun drilled' front axle
weight changed from 10.9 oz to 8.19oz
Was it worth it?
Probably not for the weight reduction but worth it to find out just how it could be done with small machines and to know I probably won't be doing another one
CB360-MDS.jpg

I'd imagine the butter they made those OE axles out of will be a wee bit more flexy as well. Fun exercise though....

Nope, the axle is the main thing holding forks together so has to be pretty reasonable material
It's probably a medium/high carbon steel capable of being hardened
Almost sure it's rolled thread then heat treated, the very outside is 'tough' there seems to be about 0.100" harder section, (pearlite/martensite? I forget the various stages) then softer core
Brendon did a bit more on bike today, swapped out master cyl and fitted 1 piece brake line (I bled brakes)
Got a pic, I'll have to upload to photobucket and link here later
yertis
WokaWoka.jpeg

Brendon cleaned up some hubs and sprayed satin black
Built wheels last night using Moose Racing rims
Front, ready to be trued up
BrendonFW1.jpg

Rear, built and close up, showing there isn't an issue with spoke angle
BrendonRW1.jpg

BrendonRW2.jpg

Brand new from Amazon.
I think he said they are discontinued?
Got a real good price, about $50.00 each (I would have bought them at that price ;D )

Both rims WM3x18-36 (2.15")
My bike is running, I use it for carb sync when I do carbs for people (and make sure it's running OK after mods)
I'm mainly supervising Brendon working on his and having a laugh when he gets it wrong ;D
Still plodding along on 'little bike blue' as well, forgot to post pics of latest work (mainly because I didn't take them yet, except for one pic in latest purchase thread ;) )

Pics of exhaust tied into place on blue bike
I thought it was an 05 and 06 but it's easy to see it's 07 KX250F
May use only 1 instead of the two, they look a bit bulky together? (maybe wait for a 2005 CRF 250 exhaust to turn up on eBay?)
RMZKXF-2.jpg

RMZKXF-3.jpg

RMZKXF-4.jpg

They might look a bit more balanced after you get the seat on there. There's also the option of lowering them a bit?

Back
Top Bottom