The XS, and the Sidecar of Death

johngofast

Over 1,000 Posts
Picked up a Dnepr this weekend after a 4 hour drive.

IMG_2293.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

At the moment it appears to be a bit of a mix. The frame has a green under coating and the tag indicates a MT-9 model, the side car has a red undercoating and is tagged as a K750 model, the engine is a 750 flathead, so will have to do some research to propperly identify.

Re: The Dnepr and the Sidecar of Death

Should be awesome - looking forward to it.

I'm in too! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Signing up, love a good sidecar rigg. They cruise all day long at 55-60 MPH and that feels fast as hell on these old girls!

Here are some pics after I got it home. I decided to spray 2 cans of PB Blaster on everything and let it soak in until tomorrow. Then I will start the official tear down.

dnepr82512-1.jpg

dnepr82512-2.jpg

dnepr82512-3.jpg

dnepr82512-4.jpg

Picture002.jpg

This thing bleeds so much awesomeness...

Well, I must admit I had to wiki Dnepr. Sounds like you cleaned house with the trade (remind me not to horsetrade with you) and you have the bones of a great project. Keep posting!

Yeah it really was a no-brainer trade.

Working on the Dnepr right now. I won't be going with a completely stock look on surface coatings and would love any suggestions.

Sold some of my "keeper" bikes last week to fund this project and clear some room in the shop. Spent a few hours picking up the shop tonight (many more needed) and managed to pull the some parts off, including the pipes and motor.

IMG_20120917_005421.jpg

IMG_20120917_005338.jpg

IMG_20120917_005304.jpg

On that note, I've sold the last Suzuki T series bike I have, so if anyone needs T250 or T350 parts let me know, I am ready to part with them and have more than a ton, including some NOS in the package parts.

Jon bike it's looking great. I am building a t250/350 and could definitely use some rebuild goodies. Crank seals, etc....just let me know!

Kanticoy said:
Jon bike it's looking great. I am building a t250/350 and could definitely use some rebuild goodies. Crank seals, etc....just let me know!

Let me see what I can get together, I'm sure I have a mess of NOS gaskets and seals you could have.

Back
Top Bottom