Found a BSA...part II... '67 B44

Hoosier Daddy

Earache my eye...
"You want a 500 single to go with your 650 twin?" was the question last night!

Chances are good my BSA escapade has lead to another. A fellow Lodge Member has been looking for a modern bike, like say a Honda Shadow V-twin, to get back into riding and I have been helping him with leads. Last night he said he contacted an old (65 ish) mate who was heavy into bikes back in the day. Offered to GIVE him an "older BSA 500 single" that has been stored in a heated garage for 20 years! Seems he bought it to restore and never got around to it. Too old of a bike for the guy I know from Lodge, and he is going to pass it onto me! I said $200 sight unseen to help towards his bike purchase.. he will get back to me soon.
M20... B33... Goldstar??? My mind is reeling!
Hope I didn't jinx it but had to tell somebody ::)

Re: Found a BSA... ain't telling where part 2

So when did you want to hang out and take some roofies?

Whoops I mean ether

Dinner

I had a 500 single well i pulled it outta the wood and gave it to von or mabie traded who knows it was the rustyist thing ever but it had a crazy fiberglass tank.

Now that would be a nice weekend rider to store in my living room...

Thats better than gud luck mate :eek: hope i get a stroke of good fortune too :p still huntin for a brit bike will be lookin out for ya pics n threads if ya get sorted H

Man, which 500 single??? If you are a lucky SOB, it will turn out to be a Gold Star.... :eek:

Probobly a Shooting Star (like the pile of garbage Brad mentioned). Its now "yard art" at our buddy BSA Joes house. Goldwings, vintage Brit bikes... You do like to stack the deck against yourself don't ya?

Yeah, if the guy is named Beezer Joe, he likely isn't giving away a GS like that... :'(

It's killin me having no way of contacting the owner direct. Hope to run into the "Middle Man" tonight. He's a regular at the lodge, bet everyone will wonder why my attendance is "up".

VonYinzer said:
Probobly a Shooting Star (like the pile of garbage Brad mentioned).

I'd settle for a 441, even a Victor, and I haven't been on a dirt bike in over 3 decades...

VonYinzer said:
Goldwings, vintage Brit bikes... You do like to stack the deck against yourself don't ya?

Well, you know, any port in a storm. ;)

Went to the Lodge last night and he was a No show, at least not by 6:30 when I left. Wifey tends Bar there part time so she will ring me when he comes in.
When I got home I had the strangest craving...

Attachments

• 130426_0008.jpg
    130426_0008.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,702

Hoosier Daddy said:
Went to the Lodge last night and he was a No show, at least not by 6:30 when I left. Wifey tends Bar there part time so she will ring me when he comes in.
When I got home I had the strangest craving...

Jup, now I know what my dinner tonight is going to consist of.

Re: Re: Found a BSA... ain't telling where part 2

Hoosier Daddy said:
It's killin me having no way of contacting the owner direct. Hope to run into the "Middle Man" tonight. He's a regular at the lodge, bet everyone will wonder why my attendance is "up".

I'd settle for a 441, even a Victor, and I haven't been on a dirt bike in over 3 decades...

Well, you know, any port in a storm. ;)

I'm going to keep this thread in mind next time we have someone whose Rotary attendance drops off :)

Re: Re: Found a BSA... ain't telling where part 2

Rich Ard said:
I'm going to keep this thread in mind next time we have someone whose Rotary attendance drops off :)
;) I'm an Elk, but am sure it's good advice for all to keep your dues paid and be in good standing.
Never know what might happen.

Fingers crossed....

I found one too . . . two years ago, picked it up (three miles from home, lol) today ;D

buckeyebike said:
I found one too . . . two years ago, picked it up (three miles from home, lol) today ;D
NICE!!! No wonder you were liquidating some parts! CONGRATS
Last night I met up with my contact and received a small update.
He spoke to the bikes owner and actually looked at the Beezah. Says it's assembled compete, not a basket case. And the owner had started gathing parts for the resto. Replacement harness and rust free tank "ready for paint" are included. Doesn't think the tank was chrome... Asking $450, exactly what he has into it with the bike and the spares. Owner says he has the title somewhere, just has to find it.
When I asked if it was a hardtail, he looked puzzled, so I started showing him Googled pics from my phone. He doesn't remembr if it had shocks, or plunger frame... and he picked this engine because of the tri-angle looks of the side cover...

60BSA-A10spit-Reng-yyy2.jpg

But that is a A7 twin ::) , I am not aware of any singles that had that shape... so the plot thickens.
I did get his phone number and he is willing to take me there any time as they are both retired, chances are good we can all 3 hook up. I am a little on the fence now as this would more than deplete my bike funds and I am trying to finish the CB750... but hey, I can get more money eventually but an chance at another old BSA doesn't happen very often. ;)

Awesome news- the chase is the best part ;)

Can't wait to see the pics and the price is perfect- great find and worth the wait.

Back
Top Bottom