Xs750 896cc engine rebuild and chop!

The Jimbonaut said:
Perfect. Whenever I'm having a shitty day I can think of that patient and remind myself that someones waaaaaaaaaay worse off
I kinda feel like the patient right now.. damn electrical meltdowns. At least i broke down by a riding school(nice girls to look at) and have a friend pick me and bike up.. i seriously am starting to hate the damn electrics on this thing
583a9a26a203a52f556e4099bca2a76b.jpg

Seems like its overcharging, which would mean the regulator is broken(again) might be because the battery is crapped out as well, going to start troubleshooting with a fresh battery, then remove a bullet connector between + output from rec/reg to battery. Might be some weird resistance there causing the overcharge since it blew the inline fuse on that lead. Electrics bore me to tears so this might take a while..

Never seen one. Really tiny market for these bikes. Although i guess one could retrofit a simpler permanently magnetized unit without too much trouble. One idea i've been playing with is glueing in neodymium magnets in the existing rotor, and using a simpler regulator system. Never gotten further than mental masturbation on the sunbject though, and fingers crossed charging will work for years now so hopefully i wont have to mess with it again..

There are two half finished threads on some (allegedly XJ-based) permanent magnet rotor/stator combos out there, one on the German triples page and the other on the old American/English XS-Triple page forum. One neither of which I have received an answer in the last 6 or 7 years, when I asked the last time for some more info. In reality, you really only would have to find a rotor with the right taper. The rest is just a bit of machine work.

Of course. Also if one goes the permanent magnet route, the inner field coil can go away. Leaving lots of space to install magnets to the stock rotor. I do like the idea of the field coil allowing the charging circuit to sap a minimum amount of hp from the engine at any given point, but it seems a fragile system. And nothing lives forever.
der_nanno said:
There are two half finished threads on some (allegedly XJ-based) permanent magnet rotor/stator combos out there, one on the German triples page and the other on the old American/English XS-Triple page forum. One neither of which I have received an answer in the last 6 or 7 years, when I asked the last time for some more info. In reality, you really only would have to find a rotor with the right taper. The rest is just a bit of machine work.

Back
Top Bottom