73 CB100 Tracker Build

I pulled out the wires from the stock piece. The seal it self is pretty strong, I used a tapper tool to help stretch it out and pulled the new wires from the 350 stator through. Takes a little bit of time, the coating will want to slip off as well, i used needle nose to grab it from the other side.

Correct, just gave myself enough leads to splice on later and then pulled them out. Put the tapper in the exist holes and slow worked in the new wire. Careful to not break it though obviously.

Long time with no update :-[ But I am looking to finish this thing in the next month or two. Or so i think...

Anyways, finally got my seat loop made and welded on. I also fabricated a battery pan. Its ready to be soda blasted and painted this weekend. I decided to scrap the turquoise and I am going to paint it the Toyota "quick sand" color. Pretty excited since this is really whats been holding me back. Everything is apart and ready to go. I will post some more pics after this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_0767.JPG
    IMG_0767.JPG
    660.4 KB · Views: 437
e3ececb5566aa8343ebb70ea6ab77617.jpg
bd46e3d78e1dff790d797052231c93dc.jpg
01c2c6083dea273136a3277ddbc59d0e.jpg
9c148f94c70c393fc2450728d981356b.jpg
00cb8f1287f7265aed28034edc2b3fb4.jpg
81ff31cf58706c9c686b78da359120a4.jpg
f615857e808bc528c61252c668af29ce.jpg
6db8fb01765ee61fd9d08351fab429ee.jpg

It's been a little bit but I got everything painted. It was a little more work than anticipated but I learned a lot through the process. Pretty happen with how it turned out.

Over the last few days I got the bike to a roller, really starting to come together, now it's just getting everything back on the bike and electrical.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Looks good, very detailed oriented....me......i just slap them together and let 'em rip, tater chip......

Attachments

• 20150411_122342.jpg
    20150411_122342.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 434
Super nice. 8)

But those rear shocks are gonna make it ride like a hardtail. :eek: They are for something like a gold wing.

Thanks! Pretty stoked.

The shocks feel good, not too stiff. Way better than stock and I am a bit bigger anyways.

277060eb9758e8b199f69cbf4c3e6cc7.jpg

71a988a2206ea380fc1b94e9a8593535.jpg

Worked on the seat pan this past weekend. Bought material to try and attempt to make my own seat and cover as well.

Plugged in my power last night and everything worked! Well almost everything, need to check the wires on my tail light.

You've blown the base gasket, which is quite unusual on a four stroke. The first thing you should check Is the crankcase breather to make sure it's not blocked. Did you rebuild the engine?

Not a full rebuild, but I had a thicker breather tube on the crankcase breaker. Maybe it wasn't getting enough air?

If your breather is clear then check the oil level and make sure it's not too high. If it is high and it wasn't before you started then it may be a mixture of fuel and oil which can be a result of the carb flooding and filling the cylinder with fuel if the inlet valve happens to be open at the time (this all happens while the bike is stopped).
If the oil level is OK then it's likely the piston rings not doing their job.

Thats good to know. Unfortunately, i already drained the oil to start the process to pull the motor out and apart to check the cylinder. I guess I will check this first and go from there. thanks for the help.

Update

I rebuilt the top end due to a crack in the bottom cylinder which I replaced. I have the bike running now, I cant seem to get the bike run and idle properly though. I have rebuilt the carb and cleaned it a few times now and even bought carb rebuild kit. I got it to a point this past weekend where it would run with out the choke out which took a bit of tweaking with the carb. I have ridden it down the street and it sounds like its choking and not getting enough fuel. There is fuel in the line, I have adjusted the throttle pin to run more rich. I order a few different size main jets to test, but I am running out of knowledge, skill and ideas.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

You need to get more intake length between the carb and the filter, the lowly CB100 does not respond well to intake and exhaust changes. If you can find a silicone elbow or something like that you may have an easier time tuning, otherwise I think you'll be chasing your tail.

Also may see if you can find a better quality filter, I think I know the one you have on there currently...

Back
Top Bottom