1977 CB750 cafe racer build

worldcafe said:
With your design skills and access to a fab shop, why not make up some custom headlight brackets? I have to say I love the bike and everything you have done so far, but hate those brackets. I'd bring the headlight bucket in a little closer to the frame while your at it. Keep up the good work...

You know I've designed some similar to these but didn't make them. Maybe later
4439a0cf-a998-acc9.jpg

I lowered the front end 2" but with the top triple being flat it lowered the bike way to far. A concerned board member talked me out leaving it that way and I'm a chicken when it comes to getting hurt. Raising it back to stock tonight since I took the wheels and tires to be balanced today.
4439a0cf-aa30-fd8d.jpg

4439a0cf-e9cc-7fba.jpg

Wheels back on and fork lifted we will see how it looks off the jack
4439a0cf-e9f9-c1e8.jpg
got the seals in and carb put back together. Clamps I bought that are oem don't fit. They said they were for cb750f but I guess not. I'll have to find some that will work until I get new ones.
4439a0cf-ea62-8af3.jpg
rear turn signal mounted. I'm hoping I can get it fired up over the three day weekend. Then I'll run it to shop to get rejetted since I haven't a clue how to do that.

It's called tech spec. I saw it on a docs chops cx500. I shot them an email but they never responded as to what it was then I saw it in a magazine. Found it on eBay.
4439a0cf-38a4-f653.jpg

Got the turn signals, horn, and headlight all wired into switch last night.
4439a0cf-38ea-4710.jpg
got all the jets cleaned and carbs bolted back on. Throttle and choke and all connected too. Was very gratifying to turn the throttle again.

Today I plan to finish the wiring and maybe start it. Maybe...

Well she is all fired up!
u2ejy7ar.jpg
finished wiring and ran fuel lines. Had to clean the points. Didn't wanna fire up at first. Then the floats needed to be adjust and didn't know that until fuel leaked all over the floor. Pedcock needs to be replaced with a shorter one. Now it's hitting the carburetor. Tomorrow I'll try run the bike to the shop to be rejetted.

Dropped the bike off today after work at a local shop to get the carbs tuned up. He said he'd start tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait.

So I called they bike shop and they just started. Think they will finish by 5:30? I really hope I can pick it up today so I can get to a car and bike show Saturday.

So I picked the bike up and everything was good for about 15 min and then the battery died and bike shut off. I got my wife to come give me a jump. The bike will run for a few min but then everything shuts off and battery dies. I don't know if it's a short or what. I can't kick start it when this happens. Its like a short will happen randomly. My guess is that the alternator or regulator stops working and bike dies. Sometimes it runs for a min and other times 5 mins.

Figured out my issue. I had the white wire from the regulator/rectifier come loose so the battery wasn't charging. Good to go again.

So I got her out for a bit after the rain and stopped and took a few pics
y2y5ypag.jpg
rynyvu2u.jpg
aba8ydaq.jpg
yra5a5y5.jpg
yde4u7yv.jpg

Back
Top Bottom