The XS, and the Sidecar of Death

Re: The Dnepr and the Sidecar of Death

Glad ya found it, nothing but a restoration. From here it's just figuring out where all these bolts went, cleaning up the motor, nickle, chrome, brass plating, and prepping/priming parts for paint.

IMG_20121005_232625.jpg

IMG_20121102_155728.jpg

I'm about to start blasting parts and prepping for paint, rebuilding the harness with braided nylon (with modern insulation underneath), cleaning up the motor. Any suggestions, comments, criticisms?

That's usually the hardest part isn't it? I've been on it for a few hours a day since I got it. I need to upload some photos..

JohnGoFast said:
That's usually the hardest part isn't it? I've been on it for a few hours a day since I got it. I need to upload some photos..

I find that when my projects are flagging due to low enthusiasm [ temporary ] - a pic and a post on this thread gets me going again.

It's like having a bunch of mates encouraging you to get on with things.

And the other obvious point [ with me anyway ] - no pix - no progress !

Also - seeing other projects such as your own gets the juices flowing again when my own falter. Keep those pix coming.

I can't believe how cool I think this is, especially as if one had asked my yesterday how much interest I have in side cars I'd have said, about none. Who knew an old Soviet era sidecar could be so cool?

Hold tight for about a month and this will start to become really cool. I haven't stopped work on the hack, just lining things up make sure I hit my goal of next May. Been sanding parts to be polished and chrome/brass plated, nothing too special, I'll post pics when they're all polished.

look at this one

Attachments

• photo12.jpg
    photo12.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 312
  • photo ural.jpg
    photo ural.jpg
    930 KB · Views: 313

I really like those russians! :D

i in fact had one some time ago. It was Ural but its pretty much the same thing. It used to go through the feelds like a dream ;)

my front breaks were not as sharp as yours though :D

The XS650 and the Sidecar of Death???

I am contemplating hookin up the sidecar to the XS650. Kinda a tracker hacker..

Any thoughts?

Also, I would still build the Dniepr and leave its sidecar mounts on so I could easily swap the hack. I can get a full set of mounts for the XS for $20..

Re: The Dnepr, the XS, and the Sidecar of Death

Well, I did it. Bought the mounts to hookup the rig to the XS.

Back
Top Bottom